Resynthesizer Plug-In for Gimp-win

Post by William Lawrenc » Tue, 26 Jun 2001 10:45:02

Hi All,

Anyone use the resynthesizer plug in that comes with the Gimp for
Windows?  I've tried it, and it crashes the program every time I try to
use it.  Anyone know how to get it working?  I do a lot of cloning work,
and if I could use this plug in to fill in some of the larger areas, it
would my life much easier.

Thanks!
Bill

Resynthesizer Plug-In for Gimp-win

Post by James Waldb » Wed, 27 Jun 2001 03:22:47

Quote:> Anyone use the resynthesizer plug in that comes with the Gimp for
> Windows?  I've tried it, and it crashes the program every time I try to
> use it.  Anyone know how to get it working?  I do a lot of cloning work,
> and if I could use this plug in to fill in some of the larger areas, it
> would my life much easier.

I read a bit at http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~pfh/resynthesizer/
but didn't see an obvious statement of how to use this, and it
(filters/map/resynthesize) is too slow to experiment with on my
450MHz, 392MB linux system.  It took about 40 minutes to process
a 340x400 patch.  Ok results, but not worth waiting for.

The script-fu/enhance/smart-remove-selection tool (based on
resynthesizer plugin) took less than a minute on a small
selection of about 10000 pixels and worked well.

Script-fu/enhance/smart-sharpen on a selection of perhaps 25000
pixels took more than five minutes, vs. a second or two for
sharpen or blur ops.  Nice results except near edge-wrinkles
in selection outline.  If my computer were a hundred times
faster, I'd experiment with this more...

Post by Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsc » Wed, 27 Jun 2001 05:48:00

> Anyone use the resynthesizer plug in that comes with the Gimp for
> Windows?  I've tried it, and it crashes the program every time I try to
> use it.  Anyone know how to get it working?  I do a lot of cloning work,
> and if I could use this plug in to fill in some of the larger areas, it
> would my life much easier.

The resynthesizer plugin uses *huge* amounts of memory! So it may be not
a tool you want to use on "larger areas".

Ciao,
        Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch

Resynthesizer Plug-In for Gimp-win

Post by Branko Coll » Wed, 27 Jun 2001 08:30:13

On Sun, 24 Jun 2001 21:45:02 -0400, William Lawrence

>Anyone use the resynthesizer plug in that comes with the Gimp for
>Windows?  I've tried it, and it crashes the program every time I try to
>use it.  Anyone know how to get it working?  I do a lot of cloning work,
>and if I could use this plug in to fill in some of the larger areas, it
>would my life much easier.

Man, that takes some time. Anyway, it did not crash my WinGIMP
(1.2.0).

I used the filter on an elliptical selection with the default
settings:

Texture source: (current image)
Make horizontally tileable
Make vertically tileable
Randomness: .25

However, I did get a strange* when I pressed Cancel. My guess
something was busy on the pc, but I could not tell what.

--
branko collin

Resynthesizer Plug-In for Gimp-win

Post by William Lawrenc » Wed, 27 Jun 2001 11:18:43

It may just be an issue of memory on my machine.  I'll give all of the above
suggestions a try.  Thanks for all the comments!
Bill

> On Sun, 24 Jun 2001 21:45:02 -0400, William Lawrence

> >Anyone use the resynthesizer plug in that comes with the Gimp for
> >Windows?  I've tried it, and it crashes the program every time I try to
> >use it.  Anyone know how to get it working?  I do a lot of cloning work,
> >and if I could use this plug in to fill in some of the larger areas, it
> >would my life much easier.

> Man, that takes some time. Anyway, it did not crash my WinGIMP
> (1.2.0).

> I used the filter on an elliptical selection with the default
> settings:

> Texture source: (current image)
> Make horizontally tileable
> Make vertically tileable
> Randomness: .25

> However, I did get a strange* when I pressed Cancel. My guess
> something was busy on the pc, but I could not tell what.

> --
> branko collin

1. Max plug-ins won't plug in :-(

Hello.

After installing a plug-in and on starting
up my legitimate, licensed copy of Max 1.2,
I get a window titled "Loading DLLs" that says:

"DLL [plug-in w/full path] is an obsolete version - not loading."

And sure enough, no plug-ins when I get
into Max.  The "obsolete" designation is
apparently nonsense, although it may be
a clue to an absence of consistent
configuration information, etc.  But
clearly it can *find* the plug-in...

I've tried this with several plug-ins,
always with the same error message.  Can't
find anything in the "documentation" that
came with the product.  Moving the plug-in
in question to a separate directory and
re-configuring Max's plug-in map doesn't
help (get same message).

I'm running under Windows 95, although I
shall soon be upgrading to MAX 2 and
putting it on a new NT platform. Is this
a WIN95-related bug?

Any clues would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff Mayhew

2. Tiffs too big for claris

3. help: Nt_avi plugin.. won't plugin

4. OpenGL for Windows 3.x & 95

5. Resynthesizer compilation problems

6. Bently MicroStation & MasterPiece

7. GIMP won't print

8. Why would I need gimp-win-remote.exe?

9. Postscripts in Win-Gimp

10. Win gimp and gtk

11. win gimp: epson printer problem

12. win gimp unstable when using Aiptek 6000