PanoTools

Post by Felix Puets » Mon, 23 Apr 2001 07:16:38

Hi!

Does anyone use the (beta) version of PanoTools' Gimp-Plugin?
I used PanoTools before but have difficulties using this plugin.
Using a former script, I tried "adjust - insert image using script",
the program starts to calculate, enlarges the canvas as desired.
Afterwards the background behind the original image is filled with
white. Then all the image ist filled black. No panorama.

Any help?

TIA

--
Felix Ptsch
http://puetsch.tsx.org - M$-armer PC, Freeware, Links, Fotos, ...

PanoTools

Post by Torsten Mo » Mon, 23 Apr 2001 19:40:07

Quote:> Does anyone use the (beta) version of PanoTools' Gimp-Plugin?
> I used PanoTools before but have difficulties using this plugin.
> Using a former script, I tried "adjust - insert image using script",
> the program starts to calculate, enlarges the canvas as desired.
> Afterwards the background behind the original image is filled with
> white. Then all the image ist filled black. No panorama.

Hi,

where can i find these Tools?  I'm very very interested...
I know of the PanTools plug-in for version 1.0.4, i adapted
tem for 1.1.23, but it seems they are no longer supported.

Where can i find these?

Best regards,
Torsten.

PanoTools

http://www.fh-furtwangen.de/~dersch/

--
Felix Ptsch
http://puetsch.tsx.org - M$-armer PC, Freeware, Links, Fotos, ...

PanoTools

Post by Torsten Mo » Thu, 26 Apr 2001 07:16:14

Quote:> http://www.fh-furtwangen.de/~dersch/

Ok,

i know these tools (PanTools), i adapted the patch
of version 1.0.4 to 1.1.23.  In the first posting
it said (PanoTools), so i thought there'd be some
other Panorama Tools.

Bye,
Torsten.

1. Need Help in PanoTools

After I have positioned all my images with pteditor.jar I open my script
with ptpicker.jar. Then I set some control points and save the script. When
I select Stitcher it just keeps on saying 'Syntax error'. I can see that all
'v' lines in my script have no contents. Based on a readme file, I have to
do Optimizer before Stitcher. But when I select it it says: No parameter to
optimize.
When I replaced the blank v-lines with the o-lines I got from pteditor the
Stitcher succeeded to create a tif-file. But I don't think that's the right
way  :-)
My questions:
1) How come ptpicker can't even process its own script and says: Syntax
error?
2) Do I have to set the parameters for the v-line manually (with text
editor)?
3) It looks like the control points are not applied because the merge (by
stitcher) of the tif file has not improved by adding some more points?
4) There are different brightnesses in each image. Do I have to modify them
with a graphic tool or there's a feature somewhere in PanoTools?

Thanks
Phuoc

2. Call For Entries-Web3D RoundUP @ SIGGRAPH 2001

3. PanoTools 2.2 teething problems...qtvr panoramas

4. INFORMATION ABOUT ALL IPAS

5. QTVR free tools - panotool and objtool

6. Lightwave users!Download awesome skies&backdrops now!

7. polishing up panoramic (panotools/ptgui) pictures?

8. plotting financial data

9. Panotools?

10. Need Help in PanoTools

11. Trying to compile gimp panotools plug-in

12. panoramas: panotools plugin in recent versions of gimp?