GIMP 1.1 and KDE 1.1 problem

Post by Rob Fishe » Sat, 17 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Hi all,

I've posted this before but it seemed to fall on deaf ears. So here goes
again.

I've got gimp 1.1.4 running with KDE 1.1 on both glibc Linux and Solaris
7 x86. About half of the windows gimp tries to open (most notably file
requesters) open kind of minimized. I say "kind of" because the icon
appears in the task bar, but the window name inside it is not in
brackets, as it would be if the window were minimized. When I click on
that icon, the window opens properly on my desktop. I can then minimize
and re-open to my heart's content, but the next time I try to open a
file, the window will again only open in the task bar.

This behaviour is the same on Linux, Solaris, and all versions of Gimp
from 1.1.1 to 1.1.4 with glib and 1.2, and it's _very_ irritating. If I
run the exact same Gimp binaries with OpenWindows on Solaris, everything
is fine.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Rob

GIMP 1.1 and KDE 1.1 problem

Post by Zach Bea » Sat, 17 Apr 1999 04:00:00

>Hi all,

>I've posted this before but it seemed to fall on deaf ears. So here goes
>again.

>I've got gimp 1.1.4 running with KDE 1.1 on both glibc Linux and Solaris
>7 x86. About half of the windows gimp tries to open (most notably file
>requesters) open kind of minimized. I say "kind of" because the icon
>appears in the task bar, but the window name inside it is not in
>brackets, as it would be if the window were minimized. When I click on
>that icon, the window opens properly on my desktop. I can then minimize
>and re-open to my heart's content, but the next time I try to open a
>file, the window will again only open in the task bar.

This is a frequently asked question, with no answer that I know of. Grab
some KDE hacker and ask a) what gimp might be doing wrong or b) what KDE
might be doing wrong.

Zach
--

PGP mail welcome.   http://www.xach.com/pgpkey.txt

GIMP 1.1 and KDE 1.1 problem

Post by Rob Fishe » Sat, 17 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> This is a frequently asked question,

Oops. Sorry!

Quote:> with no answer that I know of. Grab
> some KDE hacker and ask a) what gimp might be doing wrong or b) what KDE
> might be doing wrong.

I thought this was where the KDE hackers were most likely to be found. I
guess that if it's a FAQ there's not much point reporting it as a bug.

Rob

1. VOGLE 1.1 and VORT 1.1

VOGLE 1.1 and VORT 1.1 are now available for anonymous ftp from
munnari.OZ.AU (128.250.1.21) in pub/graphics. These supersede
the 1.0 releases that are listed in the Sun Academic Software
Portfolio and the Sun User Group tape.

VOGLE is a device independent 3D graphics package. Differences from
the previous release are as follows:
        More PC drivers.
        The Sun, X11, and Apollo drivers are much improved.
        Support for polygon backfacing.
        Double buffering.
        Support for positioning and sizing of graphics windows where
        it is possible.
        Support for a world up vector.
        Miscellaneous speed ups and bug fixes.

VORT is a rendering toolkit for doing Constructive Solid Geometry and
algebraic surfaces. Display programs are included for the Sun, Apollo,
Iris, X11, and VGA. Differences from the previous release are as
follows:
        Quadrics, superquadrics, torii, and boxes no longer need to be
        axis-aligned.
        Procedural texturing (marble, wood, etc) has been added.
        Other pixel files can now be mapped onto all primitives
        except polygon models, arbitrary algebraic surfaces, and boxes.
        Some simple tools are also provided for generating and displaying
        short animations.

Both packages are public domain, although, as with previous releases, beer
will always be accepted.

Regards,

Eric.

2. tile printing

3. Help! Microsoft OpenGL NT 1.1 != 1.1

4. DirectDraw source key blitting in 32-bit color mode

5. Gimp 1.2 installation ignores 1.1 setup?

6. IS_THAT_POSSIBLE? --- GREAT - WOOOW

7. Trying to grab gimp 1.1

8. Request: Sample sources of path-finding algorithms (A*, etc.)

9. Problem with Carrara 1.1

10. maxman 1.1 and bmrt2.5b radiosity problems

11. Type Reunion 1.1 problems on PM6100?

12. Material problem in MAX 1.1