Corner crop marks

Post by A. Arnin » Mon, 23 Jun 2003 18:41:15

Hello,

is there a way to print corner crop marks with the Gimp 1.2.3? It's quite
frustrating to cut out a white cd-booklet without the marks at the edges.

Or is there at least an easy way to draw frames around the whole image? That
would do as well.

Thanks

Corner crop marks

Post by Tsu Dho Nim » Mon, 23 Jun 2003 20:37:21

>Hello,

>is there a way to print corner crop marks with the Gimp 1.2.3? It's quite
>frustrating to cut out a white cd-booklet without the marks at the edges.

I seldom print from GIMP.  I import the image into the OO Draw
module (power point also works), where I have a frame with crop
marks and print from there.  This also lets me add and edit text
more easily than I can within GIMP.

Quote:>Or is there at least an easy way to draw frames around the whole image? That
>would do as well.

Try this ... make an image that is slightly larger than the CD
cover, and make two layers.  One has JUST the corner crop marks
on it with the rest being transparent.

The other will have the CD cover image on it ... it's OK to run
into the margins as long as it's not an essential bit of the
image.  Print this.

Tsu

--
To doubt everything or to believe everything
are two equally convenient solutions; both

1. Corner crop marks - only in one corner?

Hi, all.

Wondering if anyone knows why corner crop marks would only be showing
up in one corner... there's planty of space for them, i.e. they would
not be outside the printable area.

I inserted them in the normal fashion, through the Page Setup
dialog--same as using the Print Options dialog.  I'm using PS 6.0 on a
PC running ME (ugh, I know).

Thanks,

Mike

2. CIE L*a*b* conversion

3. crop marks, reg marks, grays

4. Proof Setup Question

5. Removing 'crop marks'?

6. Q: Are there any tools/freeware to do image distorting?

7. Crop Marks and Bleeds...Help please

8. REQ: psychedelic rgb transform algorithm

9. Crop Marks don't print properly

10. Print options>Crop Marks question

11. Automating crop marks...?

12. Line tool to make crop marks

13. Crop Marks - how to setup multiple ?