question on channel mask

Post by Srinivas » Tue, 27 May 2003 18:35:40

What does grey portion of channel mask select? On reading some
references, I could gather that white portion of a channel mask
corresponds to the selected portion of the image and the black
corresponds to the unselected portion. When I make a selection on the
image and save it as a channel, it contains only black and white. But I
can also paste a greyscale image into a channel mask and then apply it
as a selection. What does the grey area signify.I am new to image
manipulation.I appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Srinivas S -- (srinivasgargi at yah00 dot com)

question on channel mask

Post by Leonard Even » Wed, 28 May 2003 22:48:40

> What does grey portion of channel mask select? On reading some
> references, I could gather that white portion of a channel mask
> corresponds to the selected portion of the image and the black
> corresponds to the unselected portion. When I make a selection on the
> image and save it as a channel, it contains only black and white. But I
> can also paste a greyscale image into a channel mask and then apply it
> as a selection. What does the grey area signify.I am new to image
> manipulation.I appreciate any help.

Feathering.   Try making a selection with feathering, and then save it
to a channel.

Quote: