Perlotine

Post by Alessio Maria Braccin » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 04:04:12

Hi to all,

i can't find the perlotine script in the menus in my copy of gimp (v. 1.2.3
as in red hat 7.3, interface italian). Looking in the directory where
scripts are installed, perlotine is there, but i can't find it in the
program. According to the docs it should be under filter->web, but i have
only ImageMap.

Can anyone help me? I desperately need it.

Tnx

Perlotine

Post by Spamles » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 06:55:07

> Hi to all,

> i can't find the perlotine script in the menus in my copy of gimp (v. 1.2.3
> as in red hat 7.3, interface italian). Looking in the directory where
> scripts are installed, perlotine is there, but i can't find it in the
> program. According to the docs it should be under filter->web, but i have
> only ImageMap.

Those are perl filters.

Where did you get your version of GIMP?

At least in RedHat 7.2, they did not install the Perl PDL modules (which
require other modules) so the RPM for gimp was not compiled with support
for many nice modules which require them. So, you are missing many nice
and useful modules which RedHat decided not to make available.

If you get the perl PDL modules (or update them) you will have to
recompile GIMP. I believe the latest stable version is 1.2.5.

Perlotine

Post by Alessio Maria Braccin » Sat, 28 Jun 2003 04:02:05

Hi,

Quote:> Those are perl filters.

Yes, i know...

Quote:> Where did you get your version of GIMP?

I found it already installed in my RedHat 7.3, i don't know anything about
PDL modules...

Quote:> At least in RedHat 7.2, they did not install the Perl PDL modules (which
> require other modules) so the RPM for gimp was not compiled with support
> for many nice modules which require them. So, you are missing many nice
> and useful modules which RedHat decided not to make available.

> If you get the perl PDL modules (or update them) you will have to
> recompile GIMP. I believe the latest stable version is 1.2.5.

...but i can run it anyway. I found it under the plug-int details windows.
After placing some guides on the image i run it. It works, it opens the
interface but when i push the OK button it stops with this error:

perlotine.pl: function/macro "findnext_guide" not foundi n Gimp::Image at
/home/alex/.gimp-1.2/plug-ins/perlotine.pl line 17 (ERROR)

What's wrong?

Tnx.
Alessio

Perlotine

Post by Spamles » Sat, 28 Jun 2003 05:57:13

> I found it already installed in my RedHat 7.3, i don't know anything about
> PDL modules...

>> At least in RedHat 7.2, they did not install the Perl PDL modules (which
>> require other modules) so the RPM for gimp was not compiled with support
>> for many nice modules which require them. So, you are missing many nice
>> and useful modules which RedHat decided not to make available.

>> If you get the perl PDL modules (or update them) you will have to
>> recompile GIMP. I believe the latest stable version is 1.2.5.

> ...but i can run it anyway. I found it under the plug-int details windows.
> After placing some guides on the image i run it. It works, it opens the
> interface but when i push the OK button it stops with this error:

> perlotine.pl: function/macro "findnext_guide" not foundi n Gimp::Image at
> /home/alex/.gimp-1.2/plug-ins/perlotine.pl line 17 (ERROR)

> What's wrong?

Try some of the other perl modules.

Right click image, IMAGE|ALPHA then see if CLEAR_ALPHA
is there. If so, does it work?

Or FILTERS|DISTORTS|WINDIFY

Do you have the perl PDL modules?
Did you upgrade them (if so, you will probably have to
get the source code and recompile GIMP)?

Assuming you "locate" database is up-to-date, does

 locate "*/PDL"

show something like
  "/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/i386-linux/PDL"?

If you don't find perlotine under
(right click the image):

 FILTERS|WEB

you won't get it to work.

RH apparently did not include the Perl PDL modules.
Since the did not include the PDL modules you can't
use the perl filters in GIMP.

They provided a GIMP with most of its features, but
not all the features you might have expected.

1. perlotine without gifs?

I would like to see the perlotine demo script doing output diefferent
than gifs. Is it enough to change the suffix in line 92 to do this?

If switching, say, to jpeg outpt, the color quantization step could
also be removed. I have the appropriate patch at hand, if someone
wants it.

H.

--
Harald Wagener                        Uni Bremen, Fb3 -- Informatik

Tel: +49 421 2184216                         Mobil: +49 173 6390559

2. BytesPerScanLine improved in D5