Bezier sucks

Post by Aku Bi » Mon, 18 Feb 2002 11:15:32

I am trying hard to do a simple task with this program and can't get a
thing done.

All I want to do is make a bezier curve and save it as a .jpg file. I
can make the curve fine but when I save it and then reopen it I can
never see it. I don't want any fancy colors or other stuff like that,
just a simple bezier curve to be saved as a jpg. Maybe I might want
some text down the road.

Thanks for any help as I'm stuck and frustrated.

aku

Bezier sucks

Post by cheela » Mon, 18 Feb 2002 12:33:01

There is a Paths tab in your Layers Dialog where path information is stored.
You can export paths and do many other things there. I have a feeling that
when you save as a .jpg you lose the path information, just as you lose any
layer information you might have.

http://gimp-savvy.com/BOOK/node39.html  There's a link to some path
information which might help. There are also a couple tutorials utilizing
paths at http://gug.sunsite.dk/?page=tutorials.

I'm not sure if this helps but I thought I'd throw something out there for
you.
nate

Quote:> I am trying hard to do a simple task with this program and can't get a
> thing done.

> All I want to do is make a bezier curve and save it as a .jpg file. I
> can make the curve fine but when I save it and then reopen it I can
> never see it. I don't want any fancy colors or other stuff like that,
> just a simple bezier curve to be saved as a jpg. Maybe I might want
> some text down the road.

> Thanks for any help as I'm stuck and frustrated.

> aku

Bezier sucks

Post by Branko Coll » Tue, 19 Feb 2002 02:47:12

-0800:

Quote:>I am trying hard to do a simple task with this program and can't get a
>thing done.

>All I want to do is make a bezier curve and save it as a .jpg file. I
>can make the curve fine but when I save it and then reopen it I can
>never see it. I don't want any fancy colors or other stuff like that,
>just a simple bezier curve to be saved as a jpg. Maybe I might want
>some text down the road.

>Thanks for any help as I'm stuck and frustrated.

You cannot save vector information in a JPEG file.

However, once you have drawn the bezier curve, you can open the
Layers, Channels & Paths dialog, click on the Paths tab and then click
on the Stroke button (the one that looks like an uninterupted circle).
GIMP will then use the current brush (and brush settings) to paint
along your path on the canvas.

--
branko collin
Volk van San Theodoros, ik heb U begrepen.

Bezier sucks

Post by Asfand Yar Qaz » Thu, 07 Mar 2002 11:09:20

Quote:> You cannot save vector information in a JPEG file.

> However, once you have drawn the bezier curve, you can open the
> Layers, Channels & Paths dialog, click on the Paths tab and then click
> on the Stroke button (the one that looks like an uninterupted circle).
> GIMP will then use the current brush (and brush settings) to paint
> along your path on the canvas.

How comes I haven't got that?!! Is it cos I'm using gimp 1.2.3?

Bezier sucks

Post by Branko Coll » Thu, 07 Mar 2002 23:32:28

+0000:

Quote:>> You cannot save vector information in a JPEG file.

>> However, once you have drawn the bezier curve, you can open the
>> Layers, Channels & Paths dialog, click on the Paths tab and then click
>> on the Stroke button (the one that looks like an uninterupted circle).
>> GIMP will then use the current brush (and brush settings) to paint
>> along your path on the canvas.

>How comes I haven't got that?!!

What don't you have?

Quote:>Is it cos I'm using gimp 1.2.3?

No,GIMP 1.2.3. has got all these elements.

--
branko collin
Volk van San Theodoros, ik heb U begrepen.

1. FireGL To Suck or not to Suck

I have read quite a few comments on this newsgroup and have mixed views
of the Diamond Fire GL1000.

Many people have said that "it sucked", I ask, in what context. I have
seen people use the American-English phrase to mean the card is not very
good and I have also seen people use it to mean that something is very
good. Obviously being English myself I am very nieve towards you people.

A side question about the Fire GL does it only accelerate the OpenGl
previews, or does it accelerate wireframe redraws in Lightwave as well,
I know for a fact that its 2D, general Windows application use is around
16% slower than the Matrox Millenium.

Yours in Wonder

James.

2. Suggestions for a digital camera?

3. intersection bezier/bezier &bezier/conic ?

4. My webpage

5. Bezier patches from network of Bezier curves

6. Word of Thanks

7. ** Bezier Solids (out of mult. Bezier Surfaces)

8. 2 Quadratic Bezier Curves = 1 Cubic Bezier Curve????

9. Bezier patches from network of Bezier curves

10. Bezier as part of another Bezier

11. cubic bezier -> quadratic bezier