Color Picker (Eyedropper)

Post by Blinky the Shar » Sat, 21 Jun 2003 03:31:32

Any trick for getting the eyedropper to work outside a GIMP image
window, i.e., on the whole screen?  (Other than the obvious PITA
workaround of making screenshots, and using those.)

Background:  Can't find a whole-screen, app-independent eyedropper for
*Linux*.  Windows, sure.  Plenty of Googling (by three of us who are on
this quest) makes it appear that nobody's done one for Linux.

--
Blinky                 Linux Registered User 297263
Geekly Topic:  Domain Names - Structure and History

Color Picker (Eyedropper)

Post by Blinky the Shar » Sat, 21 Jun 2003 05:54:16

> Any trick for getting the eyedropper to work outside a GIMP image
> window, i.e., on the whole screen?  (Other than the obvious PITA
> workaround of making screenshots, and using those.)
> Background:  Can't find a whole-screen, app-independent eyedropper for
> *Linux*.  Windows, sure.  Plenty of Googling (by three of us who are
> on this quest) makes it appear that nobody's done one for Linux.

D'OH!  The guy who was looking for this, and I, too, use KDE.  KDE's own
color picker was staring us in the face.  He remembered it first.  I
felt even dumber, because I didn't remember it until he pointed it out.
:)

--
Blinky                              Linux RU 297263
Geekly Topic:  Domain Names - Structure and History
             http://snurl.com/dn_history
Spam: The Boulder Pledge   http://snurl.com/bpledge

1. color picker/eyedropper

Wasn't quite sure where to post this but since it is related to graphics I
put it here<g>........I'd like to implement an eyedropper that would let me
pick out the color of the pixel clicked on anywhere on the screen, including
the desktop and other program windows.

Anyone know if there is a component that will do this or if there is any
code lying around that would do this? I've poked around on a few sites but
haven't come up with anything.
--
Best Regards,
Harold Holmes

2. Shareware equivalent to AVS?

3. Apple Color Picker web colors not accurate?

4. Faster anti-aliasing??

5. *** GETTING COLOR PICKER INFO FOR COLORS ***

6. Wanted, digital image retoucher

7. Apple Color Picker/Colors Shifting

8. Color picker puts selected color in the background ?

9. Eyedropper sample color to use while recording an action

10. eyedropper pick color on layer only?

11. Eyedropper and toolbar swatch colors