rotating image

Post by Eric Gofort » Fri, 20 Jun 2003 01:06:11

Hello,

Is it possible to rotate an image by, say, 5 degrees in the Gimp?

-Eric
--
Eric Goforth
Raleigh, North Carolina

rotating image

Post by robert » Fri, 20 Jun 2003 01:33:30

> Hello,

> Is it possible to rotate an image by, say, 5 degrees in the Gimp?

> -Eric

Yes.  The transform tool (main gimp tool window) will allow that.
Double-click on the icon and be sure rotation is selected.  Then click on
the image.  You can rotate freehand with the mouse, or use the dialog box
for more precise measurements.

Be warned this will create areas of transparency though.  This may or may
not matter depending on what you are rotating.  I get around this issue
(assuming it matters in whatever I'm working on) by either:

1) Croping the image afterwards.

2) Adding a layer below the one I'm rotating that is a solid color I want
for the background.  You probably will have to flatten the image when you
are done.

1. rotating image on screen

Does anyone know any way to rotate a standard SVGA image on a monitor 90
degrees via software?  I want to have a portrait display, but portrait
monitors are difficult to find and expensive.  Is there any way via software
to rotate the entire screen?  Please reply via e-mail.  Thanks in advance.

________________
Paul McCudden
Los Angeles, CA

________________

2. Check out fight scene

3. Help with Rotating Images

4. ppmquantall in dos??

5. Any tool for rotating images ?

6. "LA - The Movie"

7. Rotating Images by 90 degrees

8. Rotate image less than 90 degrees?

9. Crash when resizing and rotating images

10. NewbQ: Rotating image 90 degrees changes shape

11. Jagged Edges From Rotating Image...

12. Can't rotate images in PS 6.0