Newbie: run Gimp from command line

Post by Felix von Zad » Tue, 23 Apr 2002 00:13:19

Hi!

I'm a newbie to Linux and Gimp.

I have a bunch of images that have to be rotated by 90, 180 or 270 degrees.

So I would like to run Gimp from the command line without a gui to make the
rotation without having to do all the mouse-work. Is there any way to do
this?

Felix
--
chown linux:users /world

Newbie: run Gimp from command line

Post by Michael Schumache » Tue, 23 Apr 2002 02:17:14

Am 2002-04-21 schrieb Felix von Zadow:

[...]

Quote:> I have a bunch of images that have to be rotated by 90, 180 or 270 degrees.

The ImageMagick collection provides better tools for this. It is
available from http://www.imagemagick.org, most certainly included in
your linux distibution and maybe already installed:

just try

mogrify -rotate 90 <your image>

Michael

1. How to open a image under a running GIMP session from command line

I use a program called Moonshine for my HTML/Web projects.  It has a
project manager which allows to launch associated applications for files
in the project.  The gimp is associated to all appropriate image files,
and launches GIMP, and opens the image just fine.

However, if I open one image in GIMP from the project manager, a new
GIMP session opens up.  Now, if I open a second image to edit, a second
GIMP session is started.

The project manager simply launches GIMP from the command line by
issueing 'gimp %s' where %s is the path/name of the image.

Is there a command line switch for GIMP that will either luanch GIMP if
it isn't already running, or simply open the image if GIMP is already
running?

Basically, can I make GIMP a single instance only program?

Thanks,

Chris

2. Fire and Smoke for a missle launch?

3. How to execute a command in an already-running gimp

4. Have delphix tutorial for delphi5.0 ?????

5. Gimp and command line

6. None (mail relay)

7. Batch convert BMP's using command line GIMP on Windows

8. MEDIA PLAYER & FLC

9. gimp in command line?

10. win32 gimp command line

11. command line perlscript for gimp 1.1.7

12. gimp command line?