GIMP won't print

Post by Bernd Holzu » Tue, 17 Jun 2003 04:12:40

Hi GIMP-Users,

I have GIMP 1.2.3 running under LuSE Linux 8.1 Professional. Everything
seems to work fine, but I am unable to print any image, neither on my Laser
Printer Brother HL 760 nor my Color Inkjet Epson Stylus C40UX. They both
work fne with installed CUPS and KDE applications.

Both printers appear in the File / Print menu, both are preconfigured with
the command line "lp -s -dbrother -oraw" respectively "lp -s -depson -oraw"
(I named the printers brother and epson).

When I try to print a file, I get two text lines ("%!PS-Adobe-3.0 %%Creator:
Print plug-in  V4.3.3 - 14 Jul 2002 for GIMP/Gimp-Prin") and then a couple
of blank sheets - before I interrupt the mess. Inserting the name of the
PPD Filename into the Install Printer Dialogue didn't make a difference.

Any hints? Thank you!

Bernd Holzum
--
KNode - KDE - Linux: Die Alternative

GIMP won't print

Post by Michael Soibelma » Tue, 17 Jun 2003 10:14:00

> Hi GIMP-Users,

> I have GIMP 1.2.3 running under LuSE Linux 8.1 Professional. Everything
> seems to work fine, but I am unable to print any image, neither on my Laser
> Printer Brother HL 760 nor my Color Inkjet Epson Stylus C40UX. They both
> work fne with installed CUPS and KDE applications.

> Both printers appear in the File / Print menu, both are preconfigured with
> the command line "lp -s -dbrother -oraw" respectively "lp -s -depson -oraw"
> (I named the printers brother and epson).

> When I try to print a file, I get two text lines ("%!PS-Adobe-3.0 %%Creator:
> Print plug-in  V4.3.3 - 14 Jul 2002 for GIMP/Gimp-Prin") and then a couple
> of blank sheets - before I interrupt the mess. Inserting the name of the
> PPD Filename into the Install Printer Dialogue didn't make a difference.

> Any hints? Thank you!

> Bernd Holzum

Just a couple of thoughts...I just installed the same version of SuSe with
the same version of gimp & gimp print!!  I have a different printer (HP
LaserjetIID) but it works no problem..Also works on another install as
well....
So it's probably a gimp-print driver problem..Can you save the image and
print from another application?

I did a quick google search (did you?) and got you these two
links...Notice that the one printer uses a ljet4 (HP) driver!!  Maybe that
will help??

http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=Brother-HL-760
http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=Epson-Stylus_C40UX

GIMP won't print

Post by Joao S. O. Buen » Wed, 18 Jun 2003 04:20:57

Hi Mr. Holzum,

Just rip off the "-oraw" parameter form the command line, and everything
should work ok.

The raw option is used when a printer natively supports the postscript
language, and therefore, the postscript file is sent unfiltered to the
device. Without the -oraw option, the printing inners of your system will
post proccess the postscript code, and generate an output appropriated to
your printers.

        JS
        -><-

> Hi GIMP-Users,

> I have GIMP 1.2.3 running under LuSE Linux 8.1 Professional. Everything
> seems to work fine, but I am unable to print any image, neither on my Laser
> Printer Brother HL 760 nor my Color Inkjet Epson Stylus C40UX. They both
> work fne with installed CUPS and KDE applications.

> Both printers appear in the File / Print menu, both are preconfigured with
> the command line "lp -s -dbrother -oraw" respectively "lp -s -depson -oraw"
> (I named the printers brother and epson).

> When I try to print a file, I get two text lines ("%!PS-Adobe-3.0 %%Creator:
> Print plug-in  V4.3.3 - 14 Jul 2002 for GIMP/Gimp-Prin") and then a couple
> of blank sheets - before I interrupt the mess. Inserting the name of the
> PPD Filename into the Install Printer Dialogue didn't make a difference.

> Any hints? Thank you!

> Bernd Holzum

GIMP won't print

Post by Bernd Holzu » Wed, 18 Jun 2003 22:58:52

Joao S. O. Bueno schrieb am Montag, 16. Juni 2003 21:20:

Quote:

> Hi Mr. Holzum,

> Just rip off the "-oraw" parameter form the command line, and everything
> should work ok.

Thank you, printing works now. I wonder about the role of CUPS in the
process. because a CUPS driver for GIMP is present on my system. Anyway,
it` ok now.

Bernd Holzum

1. Gimp won't print, deletes my printrc file

I am running Gimp on several RH 6.2 machines (installed with the OS).
     On three of them Gimp printing is fine.  On two of them, when I try to
     print I am not able to select my queue from the pull down menu;  I am
     only given "File" as my choice.  I noticed that the printrc file is
     empty except for a comment, so I tried to add my queue and print
     command manually (to match what's in the working machine).  When I try
     to print, it still doesn't show my print queue in the pull down menu,
     and when I look at the printrc file again the text I added is gone!

     I tried deleting the .gimp directory and even
     uninstalling/re-installing Gimp, but to no avail.

     Any help would be greatly appreciated.

     Thanks,

2. Transparent Gradient

3. Can't print from Gimp with CUPS + Gimp-print 4.1.00-b1

4. Nifty fractal graphics prints and buttons.

5. gimp doesn't work on win?

6. Pagemaker Filesize Problem

7. gimp won't do jpeg on a ppc

8. gimp won't work with twain

9. Gimp won't start

10. Help, I'm using an Winprint 1000 and won't print from the PM6