FreeType plugin

Post by Phil Harp » Mon, 28 Apr 2003 00:55:14

hi, i was playing with some plugins i've found and bumped into
freetype http://freetype.gimp.org/, in short,  it's wonderful, anyone
here know how work on it's progressing, it would be great to use
something like it for the standard text tool, it's nice to have good
clean diagonal text :)

FreeType plugin

Post by Michael Schumache » Mon, 28 Apr 2003 07:44:01

> hi, i was playing with some plugins i've found and bumped into
> freetype http://freetype.gimp.org/, in short,  it's wonderful, anyone
> here know how work on it's progressing, it would be great to use
> something like it for the standard text tool, it's nice to have good
> clean diagonal text :)

IIRC, freetype is the standard text tool in Gimp 1.3 (and 1.4, of
course).

HTH,
Michael

--

The GIMP (deutsch)   : http://www.gimp.de

FreeType plugin

Post by Phil Harp » Mon, 28 Apr 2003 09:54:38

> > hi, i was playing with some plugins i've found and bumped into
> > freetype http://freetype.gimp.org/, in short,  it's wonderful, anyone
> > here know how work on it's progressing, it would be great to use
> > something like it for the standard text tool, it's nice to have good
> > clean diagonal text :)

> IIRC, freetype is the standard text tool in Gimp 1.3 (and 1.4, of
> course).

> HTH,
> Michael

i'll have to explore the text tool in more depth when i'm next at home
then, i didn't see any rotation sheering or scaling options last time
i looked at 1.3.12, but i haven't done much with it.

Phil.

1. gimp-freetype plugin

Hi,
I am trying to work with mulibyte fonts under GIMP (1.2.1; XF4.1.0;
Linux). A asked a nice guy in the GIMP booth at Linuxtag, and he showed
me the freetype plugin for GIMP, which worked perfectly.

1) the plugin crashes when trying to add the dir with TrueType fonts.
More precise, I tried adding a dir with only 1 TT in it: the Bitstream
Cyberbit font. This font is working perfectly under X11 in iso-8859-*,
unicode (utf8) and several Japanese encodings.
2) I am not sure how this plugin is supposed to work: is it possible to
use it with fonts which are also available via X11?

TIA, Jo

2. Interference check

3. freetype-1.3.1

4. Wanted: 3D Studio r3 or r4

5. QuickDraw and Freetype Bitmaps

6. What is MAX???

7. Compiling Freetype/GLTT

8. Corel-Draw Copying without dither.

9. freetype and gltt (got it working under IRIX 6.2)

10. Problem with GD and Freetype

11. Using FreeType

12. freetype

13. Plugin or not plugin ?