Gfig

Post by Trog Woolle » Sat, 12 Jul 2003 18:27:28

I need to draw some arcs and gfig fits the bill nicely,
however the drawing area is very small, and I find it
difficult (nay impossible) to position the arcs correctly.
Is it possible to make the drawing area larger?
Is there a zoom feature (which would enable me to see
where the arcs are going to be)?

TIA
Trog
--
Trog Woolley | trog at trogwoolley dot com
(A Croweater back residing in Pommie Land with Linux)

Gfig

Post by Spamles » Sat, 12 Jul 2003 22:04:19

> I need to draw some arcs and gfig fits the bill nicely,
> however the drawing area is very small, and I find it
> difficult (nay impossible) to position the arcs correctly.
> Is it possible to make the drawing area larger?

The drawing area is the size of the layer which was selected
when you started gfig.

I usually select the background (full image) and start gfig.
There is an item to "scale to image" - I uncheck that.
Then I can use the slider. I change the "Draw on" to NEW.
Then, when I Paint it, I get a new layer with the image.
I can use the full image size as my palette, zoom in or
out (using the slider), scale to the size I want, paint
on a new layer (if I redue the scale, I get the image
on a new layer the size of the background with which
I started and can crop that down). Once I have it on a
new layer, I can position it wherever (after cropping
the layer).

Gfig

Post by Luci » Tue, 15 Jul 2003 05:32:15

Download Darw-arch.scm script-fu function to draw precise arch in the GIMP
image
http://space.tin.it/edicola/lwcon/gimp/script-fu/draw-arch.htm

Look on te site for more script-fu function to draw geometric curve white
GIMP.

Lucio

Gfig

Post by Trog Woolle » Wed, 16 Jul 2003 01:00:41

Quote:> Download Darw-arch.scm script-fu function to draw precise arch in the GIMP
> image
> http://space.tin.it/edicola/lwcon/gimp/script-fu/draw-arch.htm

> Look on te site for more script-fu function to draw geometric curve white
> GIMP.

Hi Lucio,
its a very nice looking script and would do what I want, except that
there is a problem with the web site.  If you try to download
draw-arch.scm, you get draw-box.scm.  Most of their download links
have similar problems.  I will try and send them an email...
Thanks for the advice anyway
Best wishes
Trog
--
Trog Woolley | trog at trogwoolley dot com
(A Croweater back residing in Pommie Land with Linux)

1. Making a Bezier curve in GFIG? Where's the GFIG manual?

Hello,

I would like to learn how to make a Bezier curve in GFIG.  Right now I
can't figure out how to manipulate the points.  Is there a GFIG
tutorial/manual somewhere, or do you know how to do so?

Thanks a lot,
Kate

2. Thiessen / Voronoi Algo in VB

3. GFIG Resolution problem!

4. Problems with the size of glSelectBuffer ?

5. Pls Help? GFIG illegal operation under windows

6. Help with WinNT and OpenGL and backingstore

7. gimp 1.04, trouble with Gfig (plugin)!

8. Screen Capture Problem

9. gfig help

10. RFC (or something...) A tile map editor for the Gimp ala GFig...