artefact pb

Post by ···········?sylvai » Sat, 19 Apr 2003 22:06:22

hello,

I have some artefacts when I paint with the Gimp (this is very disturbing);
but if I zoom or refresh the view, they disappear. The file is correct too.

I use the Gimp under Linux Mandrake 9.1, with KDE 3.1.

My hardware :

-> matrox G400MaxDueal 32
-> wacom Graphire
-> celeron 800
-> 768 Mo RAM

screen resolution : 1280 x 1024

any idea ?

thanks

artefact pb

Post by Olivier Ripol » Sat, 19 Apr 2003 22:52:52

> hello,

> I have some artefacts when I paint with the Gimp (this is very disturbing);
> but if I zoom or refresh the view, they disappear. The file is correct too.

> I use the Gimp under Linux Mandrake 9.1, with KDE 3.1.

> My hardware :

> -> matrox G400MaxDueal 32
> -> wacom Graphire
> -> celeron 800
> -> 768 Mo RAM

> screen resolution : 1280 x 1024

> any idea ?

> thanks

What kind of artefacts? Which version of Gimp? Can you reproduce it with
windows and WinGimp on the same computer (in case you would have double boot on
it)

You mean something like if the brush was not smooth at the border, and could
erase also some pixels or act as the smudge tool?

I am having that kind of problem with both gimps on mandrake 9.0 and 9.1 with a
matrox G400, but not with gimp for windows with my ATI 3D rage pro. So I guess
it is definetely a G400 server problem.

regards,

Olivier.

artefact pb

Post by ···········?sylvai » Sat, 19 Apr 2003 23:31:21

I will try to make some snapshots and I will download Gimp for windows...

... I'll be back!

artefact pb

Post by Phil Harp » Sun, 20 Apr 2003 03:18:14

> hello,

> I have some artefacts when I paint with the Gimp (this is very disturbing);
> but if I zoom or refresh the view, they disappear. The file is correct too.

> I use the Gimp under Linux Mandrake 9.1, with KDE 3.1.

> My hardware :

> -> matrox G400MaxDueal 32
> -> wacom Graphire
> -> celeron 800
> -> 768 Mo RAM

> screen resolution : 1280 x 1024

> any idea ?

> thanks

i think i know of the problem you're talking about, the area you paint
on doesn't change the way it should, surrounding areas are distorted,
best solution i could find was compile a fresh copy from sources, i'm
suprised if it's that one that it's still present in 9.1 though.

artefact pb

Post by Olivier Ripol » Wed, 23 Apr 2003 20:21:52

> hello,

> I have some artefacts when I paint with the Gimp (this is very disturbing);
> but if I zoom or refresh the view, they disappear. The file is correct too.

> I use the Gimp under Linux Mandrake 9.1, with KDE 3.1.

> My hardware :

> -> matrox G400MaxDueal 32
> -> wacom Graphire
> -> celeron 800
> -> 768 Mo RAM

> screen resolution : 1280 x 1024

> any idea ?

> thanks

Sylvain,

I have just checked and have to correct my previous answer. This bug only
exists with the stable gimp. The new one (gimp 1.3), still unstable, does not
suffer from this bug.

Regards,

Olivier.

1. Focus artefact

Hi,

when I use a depth focus, the focussed object in the foreground gets a weird
sharp edge. How can I avoid this?

Another one: what are the settings for a blinn mat. to get that silk-like
glow at the edges?

Greetz,
Berco.

2. Layered textures [POV]

3. Diffuse alpha * texture alpha == artefact

4. thanks, i solved it completely.

5. Pb with PovLab

6. How to rotate JPEG's

7. PB + EDO = Happy POV?

8. PB to get MTOR renderglobals by script on NT

9. PB w/ compiling IRIS Perfomer under Linux

10. Firewire DVD-RAM drive and PB G4

11. Heat-related DVD problems? (PB G3 FW)

12. FS MAC PB G3,STILL IN BOX,BEST OFFER