Metro PCS type Service in UK [telecom]

Post by 1506 » Fri, 08 Jul 2011 23:37:20

Does anyone know of a UK eqivalent of the US Metro PCS cellphone
service?  Metro PCS offer unlimited use for a monthly flat fee,
USD40.00 [in the] US, and USD50.00 International.

Thanks

Metro PCS type Service in UK [telecom]

Post by John Levin » Sun, 10 Jul 2011 00:52:13

Quote:>Does anyone know of a UK eqivalent of the US Metro PCS cellphone
>service?  Metro PCS offer unlimited use for a monthly flat fee,
>USD40.00 [in the] US, and USD50.00 International.

US carriers tend to have lower cost high volume plans than UK
carriers.  Also, there's no UK carrier with coverage as limited and
spotty as Metro PCS so it's hard to make a direct comparison.

O2 offers unlimited talk and text for 46.00 month to month, 41.00 on
a 12 month contract if you bring your own phone.  Most carriers offer
unlimited texts or unlimited calls to landlines as an option in their
20 and up plans.

Note that the UK prices are the real prices, while the US prices
invariably also charge a variety of taxes and fake surcharges.

R's,
John

Post by 1506 » Thu, 14 Jul 2011 02:28:50

Quote:> >Does anyone know of a UK eqivalent of the US Metro PCS cellphone
> >service? Metro PCS offer unlimited use for a monthly flat fee,
> >USD40.00 [in the] US, and USD50.00 International.

> US carriers tend to have lower cost high volume plans than UK
> carriers. Also, there's no UK carrier with coverage as limited and
> spotty as Metro PCS so it's hard to make a direct comparison.

> O2 offers unlimited talk and text for 46.00 month to month, 41.00 on
> a 12 month contract if you bring your own phone. Most carriers offer
> unlimited texts or unlimited calls to landlines as an option in their
> 20 and up plans.

> Note that the UK prices are the real prices, while the US prices
> invariably also charge a variety of taxes and fake surcharges.

Thank you,

That is a real help.  I will check out their international rates for
calling back to the US.  If they are reasonable, o2 will fit my needs.

Metro PCS type Service in UK [telecom]

Post by John Levin » Fri, 15 Jul 2011 09:33:27

Quote:>> O2 offers unlimited talk and text for 46.00 month to month, 41.00 on
>> a 12 month contract if you bring your own phone. Most carriers offer
>> unlimited texts or unlimited calls to landlines as an option in their
>> 20 and up plans.
>That is a real help.  I will check out their international rates for
>calling back to the US.  If they are reasonable, o2 will fit my needs.

The international rates on that plan are awful (103p/min), but there
are plenty of dialaround services that will let you call the US for
2p/min.  You call the UK number of the dialaround service from your
phone (free on an unlimited talk plan), then call the number you want
to call.  That's what I did when I was living in the UK.  You can put
the whole thing on speed dial for your most often dialed numbers.

R's,
John

1. INS Type SNA/SDLC Loop Adapter Information Needed

Hello again,

The help was much appreciated and narrowed down the need to the INS
unit which is very much without any sort of OEM identification. So
once again I am here to ask for your help on this equipment. Is it
some sort of multiplexer?  It has five D-Sub connecters, is one a
loop?

INS  (From Mobile Alabama)
SNA/SDLC Loop Adapter

I suspect I might need another one of these units in order to have it
function. So I am asking if anyone has the phone # for this company in
Alabama handy.

Thanks.   Please E-Mail.

2. IBM open sources AFS

3. Telecom Sales Northern Virginia, Metro DC

4. Easy CD Creator Questions

5. US-VA/DC(metro area)/NC-MULTI SOFTWARE,TELECOM,DBA,more...

6. *PSSR Subroutine

7. cell size limit

8. Need to take an ISDN/INS-1500 channel out of service

9. INS (International Network Services)

10. email to fax service for metro Boston area

11. Cell Service in NY Metro Area Notes