Mobile Phone Radiation / Cancer Link

Post by Mr Simon Johnso » Thu, 09 May 1996 04:00:00

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had any information on the emissions from
digital mobile phones? I was aware that certain ones have been banned
from many European countries. Any links on the internet would also be
appreciative.

I've been using an analog mobile phone for the past two years with no
problems. I recently purchased a digital - GH337 about three months
ago. Since then I have had the WORST headaches in history and massive
sharp pains just above my ears. I rang up the mobile phone company
(who's name I won't mention) and they said that "tests are being done
at the moment, we know its been mentioned in the media and that they
have no comment and its probably not the phones fault and to go and
see my doctor". If anyone has experienced this or has any information
for me, please reply via E-Mail.

Mobile Phone Radiation / Cancer Link

Post by Kane Bull » Thu, 09 May 1996 04:00:00

Quote:> I've been using an analog mobile phone for the past two years with no
> problems. I recently purchased a digital - GH337 about three months
> ago. Since then I have had the WORST headaches in history and massive
> sharp pains just above my ears. I rang up the mobile phone company
> (who's name I won't mention) and they said that "tests are being done
> at the moment, we know its been mentioned in the media and that they
> have no comment and its probably not the phones fault and to go and
> see my doctor". If anyone has experienced this or has any information
> for me, please reply via E-Mail.

Well, I saw on the television a few weeks ago that they have actually
done some research over here in Oz, and concluded that they do cause
headaches. Apparently some UK company has come up with some shield
that goes between the aerial and your head that gets rid of the
microwaves. Some other bloke has made an aerial that replaces the
existing one, and it's like those sprinklers that only do a 3/4 circle
or whatever -- ie, not at your head ;)

I remember reading somewhere on the net (sorry, can't remember where),
about the Erricsons being particularly bad for head aches and that ...

Anyway, hope this helps a bit; maybe you could use a search engine.

Kane

Post by Scot E. Wilcox » Sat, 11 May 1996 04:00:00

Quote:> I've been using an analog mobile phone for the past two years with no
> problems. I recently purchased a digital - GH337 about three months
> ago. Since then I have had the WORST headaches in history and massive
> sharp pains just above my ears.

Unless the new phone is in the same style of case as the old phone,
the problems might be due to a phone which does not fit your ear or
your way of holding the phone.  For example, holding the microphone
away from a beard can press a flat earpiece against the top back of
the ear.

1. No Brain Cancer Link To Mobile Phones - U.S. Expert

DUBLIN (Reuters) - A U.S. radiation expert said Friday extensive
studies had shown there was no evidence of a link between mobile phone
use and brain cancer, but that there were always more studies to be
done.

John Molder, a professor of radiation oncology from the Medical
College of Wisconsin, said during a visit to Dublin there was ``no
evidence of hazard whatsoever'' from the use of mobile phones.

``There are always more studies that can be done,'' Molder said. ``But
there have already been extensive studies in human and animals and no
link between cell (mobile) phone use and brain cancer has been
found.''

Swedish researchers have said mobile phone users could be two and a
half times more likely to develop brain cancer than those who do not,
but Molder said he had studied their research and found the numbers
had no statistical significance.

The evidence of brain tumors in mobile phone users was in a tiny
sub-group of about five people, he told a news conference on the last
day of the 11th International Congress on Radiation Research in
Dublin.

The radiation congress, held every four years since 1959, started on
July 18 and covered a wide spectrum of radiation topics including
cancer therapy and the exposure of airline crews to cosmic radiation.

http://dailynews.yahoo.com/headlines/ts/story.html?s=v/nm/19990723/ts...
s_cancer_1.html

2. !!!! TOTALY FREE

3. Study links mobile phone use with eye cancer

4. Pine aborting with core dump

5. Mobile phone makers agree to give radiation levels soon

6. MICROSOFT EXAMS - PASS ALL EXAMS and get a job

7. Need Information on EM Radiation For Mobile Phones

8. Help fix unresolved externals from by 3rd party library?

9. Mobile Phones and the Cancer Scare

10. Cell Phones Probed For Double Trouble/Driving hazard, cancer link feared

11. Cordless phones linked to cancer?

12. Cordless Phones linked to Cancer?

13. New mobiles study doubts cancer risks [telecom]