Truemobile 1400 d600

Post by Christoph Nova » Sun, 27 Jul 2003 00:50:50

I too recently purchased a Dell Latitude D600 with their rebranded
Boradcom duel-band WiFi card (TrueMobile 1400) running Windows XP Pro.

I have an older Latitude c600 using a Linksys wireless card and Win98
right next to the d600 and there are no problems.

I have noticed that when I ping the gateway that packets are randomly
lost (i.e., request timeout). The overall result is an intermittent
and choppy network connection.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Original Post ...

Quote:> I recently purchased a Dell Latitude D600 with their rebranded
> Broadcom dual-band WiFi card (TrueMobile 1400) running Windows XP Pro
> to replace my old Dell Latitude CPiA with Orinoco Wireless Silver PC
> card running Windows 2000 Pro; I have an existing Orinoco Wireless
> AP-1000 access point that operates in only 11b mode with 64bit WEP
> enabled. The access point is up-to-date with firmware from
> Orinoco/Proxim (Spring 2002 is the latest release).
> I am encountering WiFi connectivity issue that I am hoping someone
> might be able to help me figure out a solution to. In my apartment I
> also have a 2.4ghz digital spectrum spread panasonic telephone that at
> times in the past interfered with the old laptop system, but a simple
> click of the channel button on the telephone solved the interference
> and the WiFi connection would be restored. Now with the new laptop
> system, whenever I use the telephone the connection drops; I try to
> change the channel and the connection is still down. It is like the
> new laptop system is too sensitive to the other 2.4ghz over-the-air
> traffic because when the new one is down because of the telephone
> being used, the old laptop still has a network connection. To me that
> determined it has something to do with the new laptop system and
> hopefully it is just a configuration issue with the broadcom card; I
> have tried messing around with all the advance settings and nothing
> seems to make the problem disappear.
> Any thoughts on a solution is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

1. Aironet 1400 and Multicasting?

I have two Aironet 1400's about 1/4 mile apart. They are used to
transmit video (MPEG4) from a video encoder (analog cameras there) at
the remote location to an archiver/viewing server at the main location.
When I try to view the live video from the main location it comes
accross either very dark and pixelated or not at all. I have no trouble
viewing live video from locally connected cameras at the main location.
I know the video archiver partly relies on multicasting and I wanted to
know if the bridges support multicast packets. I tested the RSSI on the
radio and I got 1.3 Volts, I also moved a 70 megabyte file over the
bridged connection and it completed in 55 seconds.

Thanks

2. Is this a ProE Ver17 BUG?

3. Cisco Aironet 1400 vs Trango Atlas 5010

4. Same network on client side and LAN side of VPN concentrator

5. Cisco 1400 routers capabilities.

6. Handling OLE errors in Lotusscript

7. Connect 2 Cisco 1400 together with VPN

8. VA, MD, PA ~ VP Technology ~ Database, Client/Server, Internet ~ Online/Internet Commerce Co.

9. Aironet 1400 multipoint topology - arc limits ?

10. CTE 1400

11. Joining Troubels Cat8540 against Nortel Centillon 1400

12. view cisco 1400 router's the password and the secret password?

13. 1400 concentrator