Avaya Cajun 880

Post by jabri » Sun, 15 Sep 2002 01:52:02

All,

I've been working with the following equipment, The Avaya P/880
multiservice switch. And what I have been trying to do is have the
supervisor board test the ports of my module boards. Any ideas or
suggestions?

I know I can do this with software. But I also know that software is
not accurate with a hardware failure.  Therefore What I normally do,
is set up my PC NIC card and ping each port to locate any problems . I
have no problem when I check for problems with stack switches like the
cajun P3XXX series.