Blocking Incoming calls to Lucent Definity G3R PBX

Blocking Incoming calls to Lucent Definity G3R PBX

Post by j.. » Sat, 26 Jul 2003 04:40:58

Is there a way to configure the PBX to not accept or redirect unwanted
incomming calls? We are having more and more problems with what we
call "Spam Calls". This is mostly unwanted faxes and automated
telemarketing calls comming into the company. Sometimes we get dozens
of them an hour. The calls come into the operator and all she gets is
the beeping sound of an impending fax or the empty sound of the
telemarketers computer. It is easy enough to collect all the offending
numbers that are calling in, the operator has already learned to
ignore several of them. But is there a way of compiling a list of
these numbers in the system and either just dropping the connection to
them or forwarding them to an unused station and letting them drop
from there? I have looked through the G3R Admin docs and can't seem to
find anything related to this.

Thanks

Jeff Dennison

1. AS5300 using ground-start signaling to a Lucent Definity G3r

I have a new AS5300 with a quad T1 card and 96 MICA modems. I'd like to
configure
the T1 controllers to use ground-start signaling. And I have several
questions:
1. What's the difference between SAS-ground-start and FXS ground-start?
2. What do I need to ask my telco people for using FXS ground-start?
3. My in-house telco has a G3r, what's the config required? any ideas?

I'm running IOS 12.0.1 and mica-mdm-pware.2.5.1.0.bin. My T1s are
confiured for ESF/B8ZS

Thank you,

--
JosE

2. S: DRAW-Konverter

3. ISDN router <----> Definity G3r PBX

4. T1/E1 Rate Converter Products

5. 3640 E1 link to AT&T (Lucent) Definity PBX

6. Tracing the path of Software Interrupts

7. VOICE MESSAGING SYSTEM FOR LUCENT DEFINITY PBX

8. monitor adapter

9. Overview of PBX's: Lucent Definity and Faciility Index

10. WANTED TO BUY---USA---USED PBX-PBX-PBX-PBX-PBX-PBX-PBX

11. Problem connecting Cisco 5200 to Definity G3r V3

12. Definity G3R and Nortel High Level TIE