Holy Change Agent! Consultants Edit Out Jargon

Holy Change Agent! Consultants Edit Out Jargon

Post by Monty Solomo » Tue, 17 Jun 2003 11:57:38

By JONATHAN D. GLATER

The people blamed for incentivizing companies to repurpose, build
mindshare and utilize change agents have taken aim at their own lingo.

Deloitte Consulting, an arm of the accounting firm Deloitte Touche
Tohmatsu, has developed a free software program, Bullfighter, that
identifies jargon in documents. The goal is to make it easier for
investors to decipher what companies are trying to say, said Chelsea
Hardaway, the Deloitte marketing director who led the team that
designed the software.

"We hope that it is a fun way to make business communications safer
for all of us," Ms. Hardaway said. Upon request, she shifted
effortlessly to the language of consultants to offer an alternative --
or, perhaps, actually the same -- explanation: "We envision a center
of excellence where our accelerated change agents can maximize their
core competencies."

The software, which works like a spelling checker program to spot
questionable words and phrases in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
documents, is available on the Deloitte Consulting Web site at
www.dc.com/bullfighter.

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/06/14/technology/14BULL.html

[Lisa Minter note: When surfing to the NY Times web site, users are
invited to use our group ID and group password to avoid receiving
unwanted spam: ussername  telecomdigest  password telecomdigest .

1. Change User-Agent http header

Hi,

I would like to change the line that my web browser (IE 6.0 on a WinXP)
sends within an HTTP request:

for one of my own, for example:

What do I have to modify? I've changed the reg entry:
HKEY_USERS\...\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
Settings\User-Agent but it didn't work.

Thanks in advance

Edu

2. bug report

3. Call Center Agent Network - International Forum for Call Center Agents

4. BUG: horiz. scroll in vert. splitted window

5. SNMP Agents/Agent Kits for Telecomm?

6. Sharing desktop with multiple clients

7. Legent Corp's Agent Works or HP Extensible Agent?

8. Converting palm info to ipaq?

9. Cryptic Modem Jargon

10. Jargon Overload

11. When Technical Jargon Requires Hyphens

12. Jargon Dictionary Wanted