Dialout routing to the best operator available for a given destination.

Dialout routing to the best operator available for a given destination.

Post by Hugo Cartaxeir » Tue, 23 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Hi all,

A few months ago, I read somewhere about a phone device to install between
PABX and the telephone lines, that routes all outgoing calls to the best
operator available for that specific destination (based on their rates).

The operator rate information would be uploaded by a modem-data call or some
internet connection. This could also be done trough a software operation on
most recent PABX with that capability.

Do you have any pointer on this hardware/device ?

Tks in adv,

-Hugo

Dialout routing to the best operator available for a given destination.

Post by joe » Mon, 06 Dec 1999 04:00:00

     The common industry term for what you are refferring to is a "
dialer ".  There are some really advanced ones that will do what you
are talking about.  Most that do all that are really designed for home
use rather than with a PBX telephone system.  Long distance rates have
fallen so much that they are not really able to save you very much
money anymore.  Your best way to save money on long distance calls is
to go with a long distance provider that offers a flat rate for
everything domestic.  Another possible way to save on
telecommunications costs overall would be to get a bundled package from
an interconnect company that provides package deals for long distance
and equipment ( PBX ) sales / service.
     I am the head technician for Southeast Telcom.  We are based in
South Carolina but serve customers in 13 states.  My email address is

your needs and wants are and where you are located.  We have many
different packages,  options,  and services that we utilize to give our
customers the best possible savings and services available.

1. Dialout Routing to the Best Operator Available For Destination

Hi all,

A few months ago, I read somewhere about a phone device to install
between PABX and the telephone lines, that routes all outgoing calls
to the best operator available for that specific destination (based on
their rates).

The operator rate information would be uploaded by a modem-data call
or some internet connection. This could also be done trough a software
operation on most recent PABX with that capability.

Do you have any pointer on this hardware/device ?

Thanks in advance,

Hugo

2. establishing a domain

3. routing given service to given IP.

4. Keyboard Codes

5. route-map question (how to policy route for all destinations except few subnets?)

6. Internet access to Web Servers Behind the Firewall

7. Q: can I use per-destination routing in a route map w/extended ACL?

8. Windows Media Player does not read AVI file

9. Will 10.x give me dialout capability over the AUX port on a 4000?

10. AS5X00 Dialout with dialout utility

11. Destination not reachable until destination pings source! PIX501

12. CICS Operator Not Available

13. Static Routing + Destination IP range