800 Number Phone Solicitors

Post by Tad Co » Sun, 02 Dec 1990 01:21:00

> Have any other 800 number owners out there been receiving calls from
> some bonehead in Missouri who is trying to sell something?  I got a
> very strange message from this individual a few days ago.  He
> "instructed" me to write a letter containing all sorts of information
> about my company and to send it to him at some obscure address in
> Missouri.  Naturally, I ignored him.  If this keeps up, I'm going to
> begin to get peeved at the thought of solicitors dialing my 800
> number!

This sounds like the weird things I have been getting at work on our
response cards from some outfit in Kansas City calling itself
"Bonnhoeterloff".  I checked with the Zip+4 folks at the post office,
and the address is a mail drop.

For fun, I sent a memo to this outfit, and got a response even more
bizzare, about how they were in the "information business", and they
wanted us to submit data on our products classified according to their
strange "system".

Looks like the work of a demented obsessive-compulsive.

Anyone else hear from this outfit?

Tad Cook

1. 800 Number Phone Solicitors

Have any other 800 number owners out there been receiving calls from
some bonehead in Missouri who is trying to sell something?  I got a
very strange message from this individual a few days ago.  He
"instructed" me to write a letter containing all sorts of information
about my company and to send it to him at some obscure address in
Missouri.  Naturally, I ignored him.  If this keeps up, I'm going to
begin to get peeved at the thought of solicitors dialing my 800
number!

steve elias / 508 671 7556 / 617 932 5598

2. Otto's CAD Auction Grand Opening

3. Pin 800 Numbers (was Re: MCI One Breaks its 800 Number Service)

4. How do you record Shockwave files??

5. Keeping an 800 Number (was: Selling an 800 Number)

6. Powering 486 MB from batteries?

7. International 800 Numbers? (was Re: Evolving Phone Number)

8. UMAX Astra 4000U under win2K

9. Unwanted 800 calls (was: Question About MCI 800 Number)

10. 800 Fraud - Misuse of 800 Numbers

11. How to Get 800 Enhanced Call Routing on a Non-800 Number?

12. International 011-800/00-800 numbers//1-880/1-881