Invasion of the Phone Snatchers (Why Bother With $0.25)

Post by rmoo.. » Wed, 17 Apr 1991 00:48:00

>> friends -- also here in Chicago (suburbs) -- that have had the same
>> experience with Illinois Bell: a refund check for $0.25!
> A few years ago (like five) I got a check for 35 cents -- or some such
> -- from Pac Bell.

A couple of years ago, the Dutch PTT had to refund *every* telephone
subscriber $0.71, because the billing equipment wasn't billing the
first five minutes correctly. The Organisation of Elderly Citizens then
started a law-suit against the PTT, which they won, and the PTT had to
pay back every subscriber.

1. Invasion of the Phone Snatchers

A few years ago (like five) I got a check for 35 cents -- or some such
 -- from Pac Bell.  I live in Boston, and the check was forwarded by my
parent's in Minnesota.  I hadn't been in CA for years, but I did
faintly remember once getting ripped off by a pay phone in a BART
station while I was at the First West Cost Computer Faire, must have
been 1977.  Nearly ten years earlier.

My guess is that in the paperwork involved with the Bell breakup they
found a slew of refunds they forget to send out.  (I can't remember,
but I think I saved the check somewhere as a momento of how these
things work.)

                H:(617) 776-6899  W:(617) 426-3577

2. LOOKING FOR: SCSI Utility. Can you help?

3. Invasion of the Phone Snatchers (COCOTs Strike Again!)

4. In Charge! ... Any Good?

5. *** Reuse Survey (last post) ***

6. Invasion of the Phone Snatchers

7. QL emluator

8. Directory Inquiries via Cellular Phone: Air + $0.25?

9. Long Distance for $0.25/min OR LESS ANYTIME (Modem/Voice)

10. Long Distance for $0.25/mi

11. Long Distance For $0.25/min Or Less Anytime

12. LAT: What is it & why is it bothering me?