Sprint 800 Service

Post by Steve Eli » Sat, 24 Feb 1990 19:37:05

A previous article mentioned that Sprint's residence 800 service has
no monthly charge.  This is not correct.  There is a $10 per month
charge, plus 14 cents (or so) per minute for calls, billed in 6 second
increments.  The prices for residence and business Fonline 800 service
are the same.  It is possible to get Sprint to waive the installation
charge, though...

; Steve Elias

; voice mail:  617 932 5598

1. C & W 800 Service vs. Sprint 800 Service

Sprint:  800 877 4646
Signup fee: Was $0 for a while.  I think you can talk them into
waiving the 'official' signup fee if you try.  Say some nasty stuff
about ATT and maybe they'll give you a break! :)

Sprint monthly fee: $10 /month Sprint bills in six second increments.
What about C&W?  It's nice to be able to check voice mail from
anywhere in the US for one cent!  (Of course, it's more if there are
messages for me.)

This is a neat feature.  Sprint doesn't have anything similar, as far
as I know.

It's not that impressive.  The Sprint service reps can do the same
thing, but I'm not sure how quick they are about changing the POTS
number that the 800 number rings in to.  I have call forwarding on my
POTs number and use that to control where the 800 number rings.

(I don't know if phones in Alaska and Hawaii can connect to my 800 #.)

eli

2. How do I get Free Disk Space via API?

3. MCI and Sprint Pitch 800 Service to Households

4. Tandy 1000RL Hard disk, HELP!!

5. Do hyperlinks flow through from Access 2000 to FP 2000?

6. Using Sprint's FONLINE 800 service in the residence

7. Modifying import list in an existing DLL

8. Pin 800 Numbers (was Re: MCI One Breaks its 800 Number Service)

9. 1-800-PIN-DROP (SPRINT)

10. Is There a Sprint 1-800 Number?

11. Why I Chose Sprint for my 800 Carrier

12. Sprint Residential 800 -- Free Signup