Call Display on Meidian 2216 Phonesets

Post by MBC » Sun, 25 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Can anyone out there explain to me how the text displayed on a 2216 phone
set is set. The switch I am using is a Meridian 1 option 51C.
I am new to this field and could use any help you could provide in this
area.
Thanks.

Call Display on Meidian 2216 Phonesets

Post by GHTROU » Sun, 25 Jan 1998 04:00:00

I'll assume you have the books so you can get a bit more info there.  The
books you need to look at are titled "Input Output Guide" and they are
sorted by "Load" or "LD"  I'll also assume you have some phones that show
names already...if not, study LD 95 and "CPND" data block.

--The "name" you see on the set is controlled in LD 95.  The name is
associated with an extension rather than a phone.  The phone just happens to
have the extension appearing on it

--To enable the display of names, on a particular set, you go to LD 11.  All
of the entries needed to make that happen are in the "CLS" section of the
phones programming....study LD 11

--You mentioned a 2216 set, which you are probably using in an ACD
environment.  You can add or change names to almost anything that looks like
an extension...ACD numbers, Trunk Route numbers, Extensions, even "0" for
Operator can get named.

You should visit the < comp.dcom.sys.nortel > group too.

--

Reply to Newsgroup
http://www.execpc.com/~ghtrout

Post by Chri » Mon, 26 Jan 1998 04:00:00

> --You mentioned a 2216 set, which you are probably using in an ACD
> environment.  You can add or change names to almost anything that looks like
> an extension...ACD numbers, Trunk Route numbers, Extensions, even "0" for
> Operator can get named.

Hmmm I must have missed the info on this somehow....
I tried to name an ACD DN..didnt work....Would love to name
the Attendant and the outside trunk groups for those with display
phones....

While on the subject, I have thought about changing the ring on the
phones when an outside call is ringing in to a double ring
(shorter ring-ring) compared to an internal normal long ring...
Whats the easiest way to do it? Is there a setting in LD15 or 17?

Thanks
Chris

Call Display on Meidian 2216 Phonesets

Post by GHTROUT » Tue, 27 Jan 1998 04:00:00

A name can be assigned to almost an extension/number in the system.  Those
include "0", ACD Queues, Trunk Route Access Codes, and of course
extensions...not ACD position IDs though.

The Distinctive Ring thing is best found in the books titled "features"
under "D" for Distinctive Ringing - you will want to activate "new
distinctive ringing"...you'll know what I mean when you see it in the book.
You can assign the distinctive ring by trunk group...so you might not want a
certain TIE route to ring that way...or then again, you might.

--

Reply to NewsGroup
or - Find Email Address here

Quote:>I tried to name an ACD DN..didnt work....Would love to name