NET Etiquette Question and Green Cards

Post by barry mishki » Thu, 28 Apr 1994 01:31:14

Interesting that someone is now asking before posting. I applaud that.

One the other hand, there was a full page article about the phoenix
"lawyer" who feels happy at exploiting what he did ... and get this ...
is planning to write a *book* instructing others on how to
advertise on the net.

This despite apparently promising two different providers that he'd not
do it again. It seems he thinks he's found a "loophole" and plans to
continue exploiting it.

I wouldn't surprise me that this, and the reported efforts of a couple
of radio stations to "broadcast" on the net, will soon cause a major
change in the net ... perhaps even bringing parts of it to an end as
free/low cost access.
Barry Mishkind

Post by Doug Sewe » Thu, 28 Apr 1994 07:36:07

: One the other hand, there was a full page article about the phoenix
: "lawyer" who feels happy at exploiting what he did ... and get this ...
: is planning to write a *book* instructing others on how to
: advertise on the net.

: This despite apparently promising two different providers that he'd not
: do it again. It seems he thinks he's found a "loophole" and plans to
: continue exploiting it.

He's got his own site now, pericles.com.

It's not up at the moment (finger times out), but it's in the whois
database and has DNS pointers.  His backup MX exchanger is PSI, so
I guess he expects a large volume of e-mail, or else to not be connected
continuously.

Which is good, because we can systematically drop his site's posts into
the bit-bucket on our newsfeeds, and "responses" to his ads (or do you
prefer to call them denial-of-service attacks ?) won't hurt his internet
access providers.

--

  "You still don't get it, do you?  You were crisped for exhibiting the
  guaranteed-flame-attractant triad of being simultaneously arrogant,

Post by bi.. » Wed, 04 May 1994 09:13:01

> He's got his own site now, pericles.com.

> It's not up at the moment (finger times out), but it's in the whois
> database and has DNS pointers.  His backup MX exchanger is PSI, so
> I guess he expects a large volume of e-mail, or else to not be connected
> continuously.

> Which is good, because we can systematically drop his site's posts into
> the bit-bucket on our newsfeeds, and "responses" to his ads (or do you
> prefer to call them denial-of-service attacks ?) won't hurt his internet
> access providers.

Well, PSI has stored what I'd call rather massive amounts of legit mail
for me, but I'm sure even they have their limit.  I suppose it won't be
long till we all find out exactly what that is, however I'd appreciate

it takes mine (along with several hundred others) down too.

Billy Y..

1. NET Etiquette Question

QUESTION:  I am a Recruiter that is curious about posting potential
job opportunities that are related to this news thread.  I have
posted to the misc.jobs.* groups and I was wondering what the proper
etiquette is for cross posting.  Please reply via email to:

Thank you.
George Bonce

2. Service Pack 2.11 and TCPIP 2.0

3. comp.dcom.telecom.tech etiquette question?

4. how do you query a DNS for a domain record?

5. Green as green can be ... and totally lost

6. sites for WinCE

7. Michael Voight - Russian Brides, Green Cards, and Federal Crimes

8. Blackhole route server

9. Green Card Lottery- Final One?

10. Star 57 Warning about Mr. Green Card (fwd)

11. GREEN CARD JERKS - FAX NO

12. Green Card Guys' FAX No?