My Favorite Intercepts

Post by Claus Tonderi » Tue, 06 Oct 1992 17:09:10

A British friend of mine had this experience once he visited
Washington, DC:

He was trying to make a phone call, but being unacquainted with the US
telephone system, he wasn't aware that he was supposed to dial an
initial 1 in front of the area code. The phone responded with a
recording saying: "You have a problem. Please replace the receiver and
dial again."

This offended him somewhat, because in his particular dialect of
English, "You have a problem" implies something like: "Try using a
deodorant!"

Dansk Data Elektronik A/S, Herlev, Denmark

[Moderator's Note: But at least the recording did not say something
like 'please check your deodorant and spray again, or ask your former
friends for assistance ... this is a recording  PU-U2.   :)   PAT]

1. British Call Waiting (was My Favorite Intercepts)

In New Zealand, the waiting party hears either a ringing tone, or
distinctive long short tone sequence, depending upon when the exchange
had the software installed. The long short sequnce is certainly not
heard anywhere else so can't be mistaken, the normal ringing tone
could be confusing. Music on hold would be better!

2. looking for NDIS gurus for hire

3. Problem with the Intel SIgnal Processing Library (Rev 4) on P4

4. My Favorite Intercepts

5. What's the Best Windows 95 Book? (intermediate to expert)

6. French Telecom Pay Phones (was My Favorite Intercepts)

7. HELP::Plz check my code for some errors/optimization. (VESA.CPP)

8. Favorite Intercepts

9. My Favourite 'Stupid' Intercept

10. Favorite (or least favorite) Tools

11. what's your favorite band of NIC or chipset? my favorite is 2114x

12. Everyone's Favorite: Modems