NY Tel Ringmate Problems Update

Post by Tad Co » Sun, 01 Sep 1991 05:22:42

> NY Telephone's latest pronouncement on my Ringmate service problem is
> that when the replacement number was assigned, it was done so at the
> CO level, but not at the local switch.

Huh?  I thought the local switch WAS the CO.

MCI Mail: 3288544       Telex: 6503288544 MCI UW

1. NY Tel Ringmate Problems Update

NY Telephone's latest pronouncement on my Ringmate service problem is
that when the replacement number was assigned, it was done so at the
CO level, but not at the local switch. Consequently, the replacement
number may have had a dial tone accessible to it for a period of time
in July. Their opinion was that it was possible for an accidental
cross-connection at the switch to have caused my account to be charged
for someone else's calls. They report that there are no further
inconsistencies in their database, and that they are continuing to
monitor the situation.

VTS Systems            718-968-1971
871 East 55th Street   Brooklyn, NY 11234

2. CABLES!! Do u have the cables I require?!!

3. NY Tel Ringmate Problems

4. CBM UK (will it survive)?

5. NY Tel (NYNEX) Service Problems...

6. CSPPC Hard Drives & SCSI Bus

7. Question on NY Tel's Capabilities

8. Clock Resolution

9. NY Tel Experiments With Telephone Cash Cards

10. New Service From NY Tel - 'Reverse Directory'