RF radiation

Post by Christopher Zgur » Thu, 16 Jun 1994 18:24:00

>> SHARPER IMAGE sells a small "shield" that clips on to hand-held cell
phones.
>> I guess it basically shields the user from RF energy emitted from the
>> antenna. I don't have one, never tested it, and have no idea if it works.
>> But if someone is actually worried, this thing might be worth looking
into.

>Does it protect against DILL PICKLES?

I guess it probably depends on the pickle -- but if you've got a problem
with flying pickles I think a helmet is probably in order.

RF radiation

Post by Christopher Zgur » Thu, 16 Jun 1994 18:25:00

>>SHARPER IMAGE sells a small "shield" that clips on to hand-held cell
phones.
>>I guess it basically shields the user from RF energy emitted from the
>>antenna. I don't have one, never tested it, and have no idea if it works.

>As an extra added bonus, it also probably shields the cell site from
>your "harmful" RF energy as well.  Plus, as no added cost, it makes
>sure that no private conversations are leaked!

No, it just goes between the users skull and the antenna. It would have to
be _much_ bigger to shield the cell site from you. Actually the thing is
kinda cute, maybe if they made them in fashion colors they might catch on
with the same crowd that buys those little faux-lizard skin beeper cases.

Christopher Zguris

RF radiation

Post by David Mo » Sat, 18 Jun 1994 05:21:49

: >>SHARPER IMAGE sells a small "shield" that clips on to hand-held cell
: phones.
: >>I guess it basically shields the user from RF energy emitted from the
: >>antenna. I don't have one, never tested it, and have no idea if it works.
: >
: >As an extra added bonus, it also probably shields the cell site from
: >your "harmful" RF energy as well.  Plus, as no added cost, it makes
: >sure that no private conversations are leaked!

: No, it just goes between the users skull and the antenna. It would have to
: be _much_ bigger to shield the cell site from you. Actually the thing is
: kinda cute, maybe if they made them in fashion colors they might catch on
: with the same crowd that buys those little faux-lizard skin beeper cases.

Does it come with a stake that you can drive into the ground so that
you can ground your "shield"?

General Datacomm, Inc.          ATTMail:  !dmoon
Middlebury, CT 06762
(203) 758 1811                  FAX: (203) 598 7173

1. RF radiation

   I presently have a cellular, with a 3 watt booster and outside antenna,
in my car and am about to make a switch to a Motorola flip phone (digital).
   I have read, on occasion, about the dangers of RF radiation from cell
phones and wonder if the danger is real. My question is...is there a real
danger ?....and secondly, if there is, how do I protect myself ?
   _________________________     ________________________________

 |   161 Cavalier Drive      |=|  Voice: 902-864-3231             |
 |   Lower Sackville         |  \________________________________/
 |   Nova Scotia B4C-3L1     |
  \_________________________/

2. Video chip(set) recommendations

3. Biological Effects of RF Radiation

4. FS Issue 1

5. US - TX - Dallas - RF/Senior RF Engineers - PCS

6. WTB: VoiceRecog, Midi, Digit, interfaces + softwares

7. RF-to-digital-to-RF over fiber

8. MediaOne Broward County = absolute crap

9. Aironet 1100 Diversity Antenna - Radiation Pattern

10. Modems and Radiation

11. Cellphone radiation: Hagenuk safer than Nokia / Ericsson?

12. Microwave Radiation and biomolecular excitation

13. Cellphone Radiation Danger?