Mobile phone makers agree to give radiation levels soon

Post by Monty Solomo » Sat, 21 Jul 2001 14:10:11

Mobile phone makers agree
to give radiation levels soon

Companies will start publishing information later this year

STOCKHOLM/HELSINKI, July 16 - The world's leading mobile phone makers
said on Monday they will start publishing information later this year
about the level of radiation emitted by their phones in response to
concerns from consumers.

THE LARGEST CELL PHONE maker Nokia, the second-largest
Motorola and the fourth-largest Ericsson, have agreed with the
European Committee for Electrotechnical Standardisation's (CENELEC)
on a way to measure radiation absorption on phones.

http://www.msnbc.com/news/600934.asp
--
The Telecom Digest is currently mostly robomoderated. Please mail

1. Need Information on EM Radiation For Mobile Phones

The following post is for another group. I will take direct emails on
their behalf; unfortunately, I won't be able to monitor for follow up
posts.

Please respond directly to the author, if possible.

                                        Thanks...

   ---------------------- 8< snip! ------------------------

I am seeking individuals performing research on the effects of
electro-magnetic radiation on the human physiology.  Given recent
press about the health hazards of portable mobile phones, my company,
is seeking information that supports or counters the view that EM
radiation in the 800-900 MHz portion of the radio spectrum is harmful.

Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Mark Beckner   Ameritech Mobile Communications

 ----------------------- 8< snip! ------------------------

Steven P. Mazurek             | Email : {...,uunet,bcr,ohumc}!ameris!smazu

Hoffman Estates, IL USA 60196 | Phone : (708) 248-5075

2. processor type/speed matters?

3. Mobile Phone Radiation / Cancer Link

4. gftodvi question

5. Baby Phat Gives Birth To Revolutionary Designer Mobile Phone

6. Please help me install AMIX!

7. Genuity Bankrupt: Agrees to be Sold to Level 3

8. A100 Hardware Hacks

9. I miss Netware/CNE...gave up too soon?

10. I'm giving up soon, HELP ME!!, ppp->isp

11. New Top Level Domains may soon be created

12. Cell phone radiation--safer than a tan?

13. FTC, Phone Co. Agree on Fake Calls