Multiplexing Onto Single BRI?

Post by Rip Rapals » Mon, 20 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Can anyone vector me to a manufacturer who offers a multiplexer which
will allow the division of a single 64 Kbs BRI channel into a number
(6-8 ???) of 9600 or 4800 kbs channels for voice?

While hard channelization is OK, a dynamic allocation capability would
be wonderful.

TIA
Rip

Multiplexing Onto Single BRI?

Post by Curt Reink » Mon, 03 Apr 2000 05:00:00

Try Adtran in Huntsville Al.  We just installed some on 56K DDS and I think
the have a unit for BRI.   Most of this kind of systen uses G729 vocoder for
8k per voice channel.

--
Curtis Reinke, MCSE
MCP+I, A+

Quote:> Can anyone vector me to a manufacturer who offers a multiplexer which
> will allow the division of a single 64 Kbs BRI channel into a number
> (6-8 ???) of 9600 or 4800 kbs channels for voice?

> While hard channelization is OK, a dynamic allocation capability would
> be wonderful.

> TIA
> Rip

1. REQUEST: looking for device to multiplex 23 analog calls onto PRI

I have a PC with 24 modems attached.  I'd like to dial all 24 modems and
have those analog calls multiplexed through some device that takes the
analog calls on one side and spits out a PRI connection on the other.

That PRI would then connect to a switch that would route the calls
appropriately.

I have a device that does this just fine for analog to T1.

I need a similar device for analog to PRI.

Does anyone know of such a device?

--glen

2. Recommendations for terminal with Meta key?

3. Multiplex (multilink) multiple ADSL connections from single ISP

4. Q How to Assign IPAQ button 5 to TODAY using eVB

5. multiplexing in BRI?

6. Font making programs

7. single BRI Port calls

8. Presentations on Palm Vx

9. Problem with Multiple ISDN on single BRI

10. Routing 2 subnets over single BRI

11. Multiple callin sessions on a single BRI?

12. Simultaneous connections over single BRI line

13. Multiple simultaneous routes from a single ISDN BRI