Cellphone radiation: Hagenuk safer than Nokia / Ericsson?

Cellphone radiation: Hagenuk safer than Nokia / Ericsson?

Post by Janne Sipone » Sat, 19 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Hi everybody!

There has lately been some talk about radiation of the cell phones being
harmful to the brain. We all know that it is a risk, but not a very big
one.  However, if one has talk all day long with a cell phone, let's say
with a GSM phone, then perhaps it better to be safe than sorry...

We can limit the radiation to our brain by using external antenna, when
ever it's possible, for instance in the car AND we can choose a phone
that's safer for the brain. All normal cell phones have an antenna
that's
placed near the head and the brain, but there's one GSM Cell phone
that's much safer to use even for longer calls. It's Hagenuk GlobalHandy
GSM cell phone, that has a patented built-in antenna which lowers the
radiation level possibly cooking the brain to only 1/10 of all other
GSMs.

So, if you use Hagenuk GlobalHandy GSM, your brain only gets 10%
of the radiation amount that your brain gets if you use e.g. Ericsson
388
or Nokia 8110 !!!

I was told by Hagenuk that their new GSM is very well accepted and
they can't even sell this GSM to everybody who would like to have one
because of the huge need for this kind of cell phone. However, they are
increasing the production all the time. Hagenuk GlobalHandy has all
the new phase 2 features and it has a very good standby times and it's
one of the lightest and smallest GSMs at the moment.

For more info check...
http://www.hagenuk.de/feature.htm

--
Regards, Janne
Janne Siponen            GSM +358505536736  (also SMs)

Cellphone radiation: Hagenuk safer than Nokia / Ericsson?

Post by Juha Veijalaine » Thu, 24 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Quote:> All normal cell phones have an antenna that's
> placed near the head and the brain, but there's one GSM Cell phone
> that's much safer to use even for longer calls. It's Hagenuk GlobalHandy
> GSM cell phone, that has a patented built-in antenna which lowers the
> radiation level possibly cooking the brain to only 1/10 of all other GSMs.

This seems highly unlikely.  Whether the antenna is internal or not does not
matter, IMHO.  All GSM (hand) phones put out max. 2W when they are trans-
mitting and I'd guess all manufacturers want to get the maximum power out.
With mobile handheld phones directional antennae are not possible, so the
antenna has to be omni-directional.

External or internal antenna does not really matter, since the phone has to
be held close to your ear and mouth (remember the inverse square law, or
whatever it was called...).  External antenna might be even better -
since it provides better tx/rx conditions, less transmission power needs to
be used.

You might consider buying a phone with cable attached external antenna
capability.  Then you could move the antenna as far away as you like!
--

Juha Veijalainen, Helsinki, Finland
http://www.sci.fi/~juhave/

Cellphone radiation: Hagenuk safer than Nokia / Ericsson?

Post by Janne Sipone » Sat, 26 Oct 1996 04:00:00

The Radiation emitting from the handset towards head has very little
significance to the network connection, because that radiation is mainly
absorbed by the head :( and the brain ). That's why Hagenuk GlobalHandy
has a fully integrated antenna which mainly emitts radiation in 270 degrees
angle around your head or body. The belt clip for Hagenuk GlobalHandy is
also designed so that you keep the handset towards your body, so that
the antenna works in best possible way. As you can see antenna is not
directional, but the body of the handset lowers the radiation level
effecting your brain 90% !!

--
Regards, Janne
Address: J.Siponen, TMT 9A10, 00920 Helsinki, Finland

Cellphone radiation: Hagenuk safer than Nokia / Ericsson?

Post by Sam Spens Clas » Mon, 04 Nov 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>The Radiation emitting from the handset towards head has very
>little significance to the network connection, because that
>radiation is mainly absorbed by the head :( and the brain
>). That's why Hagenuk GlobalHandy has a fully integrated
>antenna which mainly emitts radiation in 270 degrees angle
>around your head or body. The belt clip for Hagenuk
>GlobalHandy is also designed so that you keep the handset
>towards your body, so that the antenna works in best possible
>way. As you can see antenna is not directional, but the body
>of the handset lowers the radiation level effecting your
>brain 90% !!

In Sweden there has been some debate in the papers on
extendable vs helix antennae.  Thing is that Telia Mobitel GSM
claims helix (stubb) antennae are bad and reduces the quality
of the network in a way the can do nothing about.  I don't
remember exactly what they called it, but some quality
meassure supposedly dropped up to 30% if one uses a helix
antenna.

Telia wants to _ban_ helix antennae, wonder what they think of
internal antennae...

        Sam

Post by Janne Sipone » Tue, 05 Nov 1996 04:00:00

> >). That's why Hagenuk GlobalHandy has a fully integrated
> >antenna which mainly emitts radiation in 270 degrees angle
> Telia wants to _ban_ helix antennae, wonder what they think of
> internal antennae...

Perhaps Telia has a problem with its network.
Perhaps it's not as good as Europolitan's or
Comviq's network...

--

Post by Jonas Thige » Thu, 07 Nov 1996 04:00:00

> Perhaps Telia has a problem with its network.
> Perhaps it's not as good as Europolitan's or
> Comviq's network...

That'll be the day...:-)

What was actually said, was that Telia thought stub antennas as found on
the GH388 was worse than wire antennas (as Nokia uses), and thereby
customers were complaining on the network, where the phone was the
"problem". According to my experience, the Ericsson GH198, which has a
regular antenna (assume it's a 1/4-wave) works better than the GH337 and
GH388.

Regards, Jonas T
Jonas Thiger, Telia AB Network Services, Access Networks, Lulea, Sweden

Post by David Clayt » Fri, 08 Nov 1996 04:00:00

>> Perhaps Telia has a problem with its network.
>> Perhaps it's not as good as Europolitan's or
>> Comviq's network...

>What was actually said, was that Telia thought stub antennas as found on
>the GH388 was worse than wire antennas (as Nokia uses), and thereby
>customers were complaining on the network, where the phone was the
>"problem". According to my experience, the Ericsson GH198, which has a
>regular antenna (assume it's a 1/4-wave) works better than the GH337 and
>GH388.

I have had 2 GSM handsets, an old Nokia GSM, (can't remember the
model, the first that they made, I think), and then a GH337, I found
that the GH337 was far superior in all areas except the user interface
and the lack of an operational PIN lock.

Regards, David.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.

"Virtual Reality - Give it a rest, Actual Reality has me stressed enough as it is."

Post by Janne Sipone » Sun, 10 Nov 1996 04:00:00

> I have had 2 GSM handsets, an old Nokia GSM, (can't remember the
> model, the first that they made, I think), and then a GH337, I found
> that the GH337 was far superior in all areas except the user interface
> and the lack of an operational PIN lock.

You shouldn't compare very old Nokia 1011 to a
rather new model Ericsson GH337. Besides, Ericsson GH337
has both phone lock and PIN lock, so I don't understand
what do you mean by "operational"...

--
Regards, Janne
Address: J.Siponen, TMT 9A10, 00920 Helsinki, Finland
GSM +358505536736 (Also SMs) - FAX +35895651115 (24h)

1. Cell phone radiation--safer than a tan?

Cell phone radiation--safer than a tan?

By Irene Tham
ZDNet Asia
August 17, 2001 6:03 AM PT

If you stick a light-emitting chip at the back of your mobile phone
to reduce your exposure to radiation, you might want to consider
using a hands-free kit instead.

According to Stephen Chong, Singapore's Health Sciences Authority
(HSA) director of Centre for Radiation Protection, the hands-free kit
is the "only effective device" recommended by the World Health
Organization (WHO) in reducing mobile phone users' exposure to
radiation.

http://www.zdnet.com/zdnn/stories/news/0,4586,2805155,00.html
--
The Telecom Digest is currently mostly robomoderated. Please mail

2. What is OLAP?

3. Cellphone Radiation Danger?

4. MODE COM2,BUFFER=ON vs. 16550 UART

5. MSN Hotmail don't display Ads (ref: SHDOCLC.DLL)

6. Ericsson TDMA Cellphones: Gimme A Break!

7. req : Hyperion Developer with ODI experience

8. Programming Nokia and Ericsson cellular phones

9. Nokia cellphone battery help

10. Nokia P-30 Handheld Cellphone Accessories

11. Nokia 232 Accesories (was Re: Nokia 232 Questions)

12. VPN Nokia IP440 <-> Nokia IP110