Email from any phone.

Post by Ian Oned » Thu, 15 Nov 2001 08:04:29

I set my mother up on a new service called 411gab, it allows you to
send email from any phone with a 1-800 number.  She likes it as she
hates typing and it has a free trial.

Ian

http://411gab.com/index.asp

Email from any phone.

Post by Someon » Thu, 15 Nov 2001 10:32:05

> I set my mother up on a new service called 411gab, ... She likes it as she
> hates typing and it has a free trial.

Obviously, this person has no mother.  This is just a thinly
disguised ad placed by the company itself.  The service is
just a harvesting machine for telemarketers and spammers.

First, you have to give them your name, address, credit card,
phone number and e-mail address.  Great!  Now, from their
non-privacy statement:

"From time to time we may place advertising ... in the
interactive voice response programs you use.

"We occasionally send mail and e-mail communications to our
customers to let them know about ... products, and special offers."

NO THANKS!

Email from any phone.

Post by Marionette Hatbom » Thu, 15 Nov 2001 10:55:25

> Obviously, this person has no mother.

Wow.  I guess I don't know as much about human reproduction as I thought
I did.

Email from any phone.

Post by Justa Lurk » Thu, 15 Nov 2001 13:03:49

It was Tue, 13 Nov 2001 17:55:25 -0800 in comp.dcom.telecom.tech:
| > Obviously, this person has no mother.
|
| Wow.  I guess I don't know as much about human reproduction as
| I thought I did.

Who said spammers were human?

JL

Email from any phone.

Post by Watson A.Nam » Sat, 17 Nov 2001 23:31:46

> > I set my mother up on a new service called 411gab, ... She likes it as she
> > hates typing and it has a free trial.

> Obviously, this person has no mother.  This is just a thinly
> disguised ad placed by the company itself.  The service is
> just a harvesting machine for telemarketers and spammers.

> First, you have to give them your name, address, credit card,
> phone number and e-mail address.  Great!  Now, from their
> non-privacy statement:

> "From time to time we may place advertising ... in the
> interactive voice response programs you use.

> "We occasionally send mail and e-mail communications to our
> customers to let them know about ... products, and special offers."

> NO THANKS!

You may be right about thinly disguised.  But they _are_ up-front
about advertising and the service is free, which is no different than
other 'free' web services such as hotmail or tripod.  So yeah, if you
don't like it, then don't participate.  OTOH, if you're willing to put
up with the BS, then you get what you pay for.

My email address is whitelisted.  *All* email sent to it
goes directly to the trash unless you put NOSPAM in the
Subject: line.  alondra101 <at> hotmail.com   Spammers are

Don't be ripped off by the big book dealers.  Go to the URL
that will give you a choice and save you money(up to half).
http://www.everybookstore.com  You'll be glad you did!

Email from any phone.

Post by Watson A.Nam » Sat, 17 Nov 2001 23:32:20

> > Obviously, this person has no mother.

> Wow.  I guess I don't know as much about human reproduction as I thought
> I did.

ROTFL!  Yeah, you have a point!

My email address is whitelisted.  *All* email sent to it
goes directly to the trash unless you put NOSPAM in the

Don't be ripped off by the big book dealers.  Go to the URL
that will give you a choice and save you money(up to half).
http://www.everybookstore.com  You'll be glad you did!

1. Email Over The Phone (Part 2)

I neither work for or represent either of these firms.  Just passing on
info their press releases.

Enhanced Systems announced on October 30 a software module that would
allow one to access and manage e-mail, voice mail, fax and pages via
the WWW.  The product also operates over TCP/IP.  A Netscape or Mosaic
browser is needed.  First release is Feb. 96.  Although the press
release doesn't say exactly, one would presume that you would also
need hardware from them as well as the software.

Compuserve and Premier Communications announced a product called
CallingAll Card on the 26th.  The product let's you dial in to
re-direct e-mail to a fax machine.  Future features include picking up
voice mail and faxes from your e-mail box.

2. Some help on PowerBuilder library 1.0 for Lotus Notes

3. IP PHONE-IP PHONE-IP PHONE-IP PHONE-IP PHONE-IP PHONE-

4. TACACS vs kerberos? Comments?

5. Phone # or E-mail for Code Blue

6. Help -- TRG Memory

7. Supra's email & phone no.

8. DNS lookups and local addresses.

9. Telebit's phone, email needed

10. connecting mobile phone to laptop modem for Email

11. Zoom contact info...(phone/Email/fax)

12. Need Email/Phone #s...