So Calif Telephone Show Saturday, Feb 24, in Placentia Presby. Ch.

So Calif Telephone Show Saturday, Feb 24, in Placentia Presby. Ch.

Post by Watson A.Nam » Tue, 27 Feb 2001 03:27:26

A friend and I went to the So Calif Telephone Show SAturday morning, and
got a chance to see some old, and some not-so-old telephones and
memorabilia.  Some old stuff, some expensive stuff, but a lot of junk.
I even saw some CO switching equipment, Xbars etc.

I think this show was meant to be for other collectors who need bits and
pieces to finish off things that they already have.  Gee, I could buy
four colored 302 sets for $4500, but who's got that kind of money.
And not everyone was buying the crank wall phones for $250, even if they
were a good buy.  But I picked up a 2554 wall phone for $25, and I'll
put that to good use in our switch room.  At least I don't have to worry
much about it 'growing legs and walking away'.

The show had a lot of friendly people, and helpful too.  We went to get
information on this set.  http://home.pacbell.net/lundgrej/oldph101.html
(67kb file)  But no luck.  Perhaps someday we'll come up with
something.  It was an interesting four hours, tho.  Maybe after I edit
the shots in Photoshop I'll post a few.  And I went to Fry's afterward
and spent only ten bucks.  Gee that must be a new record for me.  :o)

My email address is whitelisted.  *All* email sent to it
goes directly to the trash unless I put your email address

Don't be ripped off by the big book dealers.  Go to the URL
that will give you a choice and save you money(up to half).
http://www.everybookstore.com  You'll be glad you did!