Motorola Falls From List of Largest Chipmakers - Report

Motorola Falls From List of Largest Chipmakers - Report

Post by Monty Solomo » Sat, 26 Jul 2003 11:53:59

CHICAGO, July 24 (Reuters) - Motorola Inc. (NYSE:MOT) fell from the
ranks of the world's largest makers of semiconductors for the first
time since the company built its original chip plant in 1959,
according to a new report by semiconductor research firm IC Insights.

Motorola, based in the Chicago suburb of Schaumburg, Illinois, fell
from the top 10 ranking for the first time, IC Insights said in a
report released on Wednesday. The ranking was based on sales in the
first six months of 2003.

     - http://finance.lycos.com/home/news/story.asp?story=34987652

1. fall forward, fall back question

My Supra external 28.8 is not happy with the quality of my
new phone line.  It switches rates constantly.  By constantly,
I mean more than once every 10 seconds.  Often it switches
between really good speeds, like 28 and 26.

I've noticed it seems to not flow any data for periods
of several seconds each time it switches.

Is it possible that it is excessivly switching rates?  Is
there a recommended way of disabling this?  I would prefer
a fixed 24 to this 26<->28 tango.

Ed Snible

2. sgml-tools and psgml

3. Fast Ethernet and ATM Chipmaker

4. Followup: Serial line problems

5. Reporting modem to modem speed with Motorola Modemsurfr

6. VueScan Device Menu Problem

7. Motorola Reports Fourth-Quarter and Full-Year Financial Results

8. Bug reports, and this mailing list...

9. Access List Report for Cisco PIX

10. Access-list Reporting

11. List of Military Government Reports on Telecom