Exploring the Telecom Archives: Archives Index

Post by r.. » Mon, 03 Aug 1992 11:38:58

Quote:nwu.edu) writes:
> ==  Can anyone provide us with a good reliable email <==> ftp link?  ==
> If so, you'd be doing a big favor for all the Compuserve, MCI/ATT Mail,
> and UUCP sites reading the Digest ... please write me with details.

but reliable. I use it periodically to retrieve files from cica and
SIMTEL.  For information send e-mail;

     Subject: help

and you will receive a help message with instructions.

John Rice        K9IJ     |  "Did I say that ?" I must have, but It was
                          |   MY opinion only, no one else's...Especially
                          |   Not my Employer's....

[Moderator's Note: Well, I've had a few messages now on these two
services and the thing I should point out is that bitftp will only
respond to Bitnet sites. It used to answer everyone, but no longer.
Then in a letter from someone yesterday I was advised the one at
decwrl is not too reliable, but I can't say this because I've never
tried it. So my suugestion to UUCP sites and others without Internet
connections would be to experiment with decwrl and see how well it can
handle your requests from the Telecom Archives (ftp lcs.mit.edu).  PAT]

Exploring the Telecom Archives: Archives Index

Post by JOSHUA HOSSEINO » Mon, 03 Aug 1992 10:56:10

Here are two reliable and quick email ftp servers.  Just send a
message with the command help in the first line of the message and you
will get info on how to use them.  At times when demand is low I
usually can get the files I request within a few minutes.

The email addresses are:

These are two completely different email ftp servers so check out both
of them to see which one works best for you.

Joshua Hosseinoff