Patched XSkinExp.dle??

Post by Gary La » Sat, 05 Oct 2002 18:57:02

Can anyone send me the Patched XskinExp.dle??
I don't have the Character Studio SDK, and unable to follow
http://www.mvps.org/vbdx/tutorials/compilex/index.html
to recompile it....

Please help me, thx a ton

Patched XSkinExp.dle??

Post by Gary La » Sat, 05 Oct 2002 21:31:44

thx a lot, it works perfectly on my 3ds max5, thx very much again!!

> Patched and recompiled!
> It works perfect on 3dsmax4.2 but sometimes crashes (especially when using
> reflection maps etc.) on 3dsmax4.0!

> best regards

> > Can anyone send me the Patched XskinExp.dle??
> > I don't have the Character Studio SDK, and unable to follow
> > http://www.mvps.org/vbdx/tutorials/compilex/index.html
> > to recompile it....

> > Please help me, thx a ton

Patched XSkinExp.dle??

Post by Gary La » Sat, 05 Oct 2002 22:12:30

oo..but i found a bug is that
the exported object is flipped horizontally(mirrored)
any one will fix it??heh

> thx a lot, it works perfectly on my 3ds max5, thx very much again!!

> > Patched and recompiled!
> > It works perfect on 3dsmax4.2 but sometimes crashes (especially when
using
> > reflection maps etc.) on 3dsmax4.0!

> > best regards

> > > Can anyone send me the Patched XskinExp.dle??
> > > I don't have the Character Studio SDK, and unable to follow
> > > http://www.mvps.org/vbdx/tutorials/compilex/index.html
> > > to recompile it....

> > > Please help me, thx a ton

Patched XSkinExp.dle??

Post by Gary La » Sun, 06 Oct 2002 00:47:15

one more thing, why the exported model has rotated 90 degree in Z angle???

> oo..but i found a bug is that
> the exported object is flipped horizontally(mirrored)
> any one will fix it??heh

> > thx a lot, it works perfectly on my 3ds max5, thx very much again!!

> > > Patched and recompiled!
> > > It works perfect on 3dsmax4.2 but sometimes crashes (especially when
> using
> > > reflection maps etc.) on 3dsmax4.0!

> > > best regards

Patched XSkinExp.dle??

Post by Eric DeBrosse [MS MVP » Sun, 06 Oct 2002 04:02:10

This is because 3ds max uses a right handed coordinate system.  The default
for D3D is left handed.  So yes there are differences.  There are several
approaches to fixing this (but not limited to).

1) Configure your D3D app to use a RH coord system.  i.e D3DXMatrixLookAtRH,
etc.

2) Modify the 3D data as it is loaded into your graphics app.  i.e flip the
order of the vertices so that they are traversed clockwise from the front
and use the view matrix to scale the world space by -1 in the z-direction.

3) Modify the exporter code to produce left handed meshes.  An article found
on the Discreet web site may help:

http://sparks.discreet.com/knowledgebase/public/solutions/ConvertMaxC...
Cam.htm

--
Eric DeBrosse
http://www.mvps.org/vbdx/

The opinions expressed in this message are my own personal views and
do not reflect the official views of Microsoft Corporation. The MVP program
does not constitute employment or contractual obligation with Microsoft.

> one more thing, why the exported model has rotated 90 degree in Z angle???

> > oo..but i found a bug is that
> > the exported object is flipped horizontally(mirrored)
> > any one will fix it??heh

> > > thx a lot, it works perfectly on my 3ds max5, thx very much again!!

> > using

1. UVW Map texture coordinates can't be export from xskinexp.dle

Hi,
   I am using xskinexp.dle to export model in 3dsmax,but after I render it
in my application, the texture wasn't mapped as it was in 3dsmax.  Whatever
I change of uvw map in 3dsmax,the texture coordinate in .x file always are
fixed.  Does anyone know why ?
  thanks alot!

yours sincerely
Ken

2. Need help constructing a Node

3. Documentation about XSkinExp.dle and SkinnedMesh sample?

4. STEREO under the Inventor SoXtFullViewer ?

5. XSkinExp.dle

6. PS6 preview thumbnails in Windows: How do you switch them off?

7. xskinexp.dle exporting textures + animation as text file

8. Happy Ne...

9. Anyone have a working XSkinExp.dle for MAX 4.x?

10. Where can I get "Conv3ds.exe" and XSkinExp.dle ?

11. 3ds Max xskinexp.dlu Camera export

12. AppWizard and XSkinExp