Link Error ?

Post by Robbie J » Thu, 19 Jun 2003 23:26:59

hi,
since i updated to visual c++ .net 2003, a few directx (dx8) apps
would not link any more, because libci.lib was missing - even
though i am not using the old iostream library and i link to the
multithreaded c/c++ libs (according to MS, libci.lib is for _single_
threaded, old iostream).
after a little testing, i found out that only D3DXMatrixOrthoOffCenterLH
was causing the linker error - uncommenting these calls would
make the app link just fine.
does anyone have an idea what causes this function to link to
libci.lib and what i can do so i can use it anyways ?

thanks

Link Error ?

Post by Robbie J » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 10:09:41

actually i found the error so far with

D3DXMatrixOrthoOffCenterLH
D3DXMatrixLookAtLH
D3DXMatrixPerspectiveFovLH

looks like all d3dx functions creating projection/view matrices..
doesnt anyone have an idea ? any hints appreciated!!

Quote:

> hi,
> since i updated to visual c++ .net 2003, a few directx (dx8) apps
> would not link any more, because libci.lib was missing - even
> though i am not using the old iostream library and i link to the
> multithreaded c/c++ libs (according to MS, libci.lib is for _single_
> threaded, old iostream).
> after a little testing, i found out that only D3DXMatrixOrthoOffCenterLH
> was causing the linker error - uncommenting these calls would
> make the app link just fine.
> does anyone have an idea what causes this function to link to
> libci.lib and what i can do so i can use it anyways ?

> thanks

1. LINK: error: Internal error during Pass1 using D3DX8.LIB

Hi again

Yesterday, I included D3DX8.LIB to my project file and I began getting
this weird liker error: (after copilation OK)

LINK: error: Internal error during Pass1
Error executing link.exe
Tool execution canceled by user.

I get this message just after include a single call to this lib (I'm
using a dummy call to D3DXMatrixMultiply)

Then I tried to compile some of the samples that comes with DX8SDK and
produced the same link error (I used the samples for reference, but never
compiled them) , so it's not a problem of my project.

I'm using VisualC++ 5.0  , and I think it's correctly configured (include
and lib paths to DX8 at top, etc), actually, I've been doing projects
with it since DirectX5...

What I'm missing?  does DirectX8 require VisualC++ 6.0 ?

thanks in advance

2. who do u think am i? (mr seattle eric, mr brizon, mr Tesselator, mr Jason, mr ctrl + alt + del)

3. Link error with -n32 and -IPA

4. Rectangle Canvas problem

5. OpenGL and VC6 Linking Errors

6. Frequently asked questions - automated posting, last changed 03jan90.

7. NvParse linking errors

8. Robo Jr. ?

9. linking error

10. Link error in glut library...