IDirectDrawSurface7:Blt and DDERR_NOROTATION

IDirectDrawSurface7:Blt and DDERR_NOROTATION

Post by remo » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 18:50:24

Hello
I am using VC++6.0 and DirextX 8.1
When I blt the image without rotation all works well.

Want to blt an image with DDXF, and get the ERROR
DDERR_NOROTATION
Is there an error in my source?
Or can I simulate this behaviour?

Regards Remo

Source:
DDBLTFX ddx;
  memset(&ddx,0,sizeof(DDBLTFX));
  ddx.dwSize=sizeof(DDBLTFX);
  ddx.dwDDFX=DDBLTFX_ROTATE180;
  DWORD nFlag=DDBLT_DDFX;

  ehr=m_pDDobject->m_primary.Blt(&m_rcControlPos, m_visibleMap,
&mySrc,nFlag,&ddx);

IDirectDrawSurface7:Blt and DDERR_NOROTATION

Post by Phil Taylo » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 00:53:43

do the caps indicate this card/driver support rotation?

if not, its not supported.

these features were not well supported, its probably best to perform the
rotation another way.

hint: 90 degree rotations can be done using only Blt. 180 is just 2 90
degree rotations.

Quote:> Hello
> I am using VC++6.0 and DirextX 8.1
> When I blt the image without rotation all works well.

> Want to blt an image with DDXF, and get the ERROR
> DDERR_NOROTATION
> Is there an error in my source?
> Or can I simulate this behaviour?

> Regards Remo

> Source:
> DDBLTFX ddx;
>   memset(&ddx,0,sizeof(DDBLTFX));
>   ddx.dwSize=sizeof(DDBLTFX);
>   ddx.dwDDFX=DDBLTFX_ROTATE180;
>   DWORD nFlag=DDBLT_DDFX;

>   ehr=m_pDDobject->m_primary.Blt(&m_rcControlPos, m_visibleMap,
> &mySrc,nFlag,&ddx);

IDirectDrawSurface7:Blt and DDERR_NOROTATION

Post by Philip Taylor [ATI » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 05:08:16

the technique to do 90 degree rotations using only Blt is described in an
IEEE Computer Graphics and Applications, Oct 1987 or 1988 iirc.

> do the caps indicate this card/driver support rotation?

> if not, its not supported.

> these features were not well supported, its probably best to perform the
> rotation another way.

> hint: 90 degree rotations can be done using only Blt. 180 is just 2 90
> degree rotations.

> > Hello
> > I am using VC++6.0 and DirextX 8.1
> > When I blt the image without rotation all works well.

> > Want to blt an image with DDXF, and get the ERROR
> > DDERR_NOROTATION
> > Is there an error in my source?
> > Or can I simulate this behaviour?

> > Regards Remo

> > Source:
> > DDBLTFX ddx;
> >   memset(&ddx,0,sizeof(DDBLTFX));
> >   ddx.dwSize=sizeof(DDBLTFX);
> >   ddx.dwDDFX=DDBLTFX_ROTATE180;
> >   DWORD nFlag=DDBLT_DDFX;

> >   ehr=m_pDDobject->m_primary.Blt(&m_rcControlPos, m_visibleMap,
> > &mySrc,nFlag,&ddx);

1. IDirectDrawSurface7 ---> IDirect3dSurface8

Hi,
Do you want to save a surface to a bitmap ?

I want to use D3DXSaveSurfaceToFile to save my 2d-image in
IDirectDrawSurface7,(Dom told me this ) but only IDirect3dSurface8 can use
this method.

so how can i copy Image From IDirectDrawSurface7 to IDirect3dSurface8 .

Thanks.

Bear

2. How important is 2D skill?

3. IDirectDrawSurface7::GetDC problem with surface lock

4. electric arc

5. bit-BLT in Sunview

6. Web Templates on PSP7 CD - Need Tutorial

7. How to Blt the cursor ?

8. RLE sprites or DDRAW blt?

9. 8 bit blt to 24 bit

10. Using something like BLT on OpenGL-Surfaces?

11. Blt over Controls?

12. Free Transparent BLT/Fadein/Fadeout Module