UVW Map texture coordinates can't be export from xskinexp.dle

UVW Map texture coordinates can't be export from xskinexp.dle

Post by Ken Che » Thu, 23 Jan 2003 17:32:37

Hi,
   I am using xskinexp.dle to export model in 3dsmax,but after I render it
in my application, the texture wasn't mapped as it was in 3dsmax.  Whatever
I change of uvw map in 3dsmax,the texture coordinate in .x file always are
fixed.  Does anyone know why ?
  thanks alot!

yours sincerely
Ken

UVW Map texture coordinates can't be export from xskinexp.dle

Post by Peter Rac » Thu, 23 Jan 2003 18:09:56

Quote:> Hi,
>    I am using xskinexp.dle to export model in 3dsmax,but after I render it
> in my application, the texture wasn't mapped as it was in 3dsmax.
Whatever
> I change of uvw map in 3dsmax,the texture coordinate in .x file always are
> fixed.  Does anyone know why ?
>   thanks alot!

Look at www.mvps.org. Robert Dunlop wrote here an article how to correct a
bug in xsinexp.dle. This bug caused that no texture coordinates will be
exported at all. The sources of xskinexp are available, you can correct the
bug and recompile. If you export in text format, you can look at your
X-file, to check if the texture coordinates are there.

best regards
Peter

Post by Robert Dunlop [MS MVP » Fri, 24 Jan 2003 01:49:51

Quote:> Look at www.mvps.org. Robert Dunlop wrote here an article how to
correct a
> bug in xsinexp.dle. This bug caused that no texture coordinates will
be
> exported at all. The sources of xskinexp are available, you can
correct the
> bug and recompile. If you export in text format, you can look at your
> X-file, to check if the texture coordinates are there.

Thanks for the credit, but you are thinking of Eric DeBrosse's work,
which can be found on his site:

http://www.mvps.org/vbdx/

--
Robert Dunlop
The X-Zone

UVW Map texture coordinates can't be export from xskinexp.dle

Post by Ken Che » Fri, 24 Jan 2003 16:35:58

Hi,
    Thank you for your kind help!  It's ok now!
There were two key in my previous problem.
1.  I fixed the bugs in xskinexp source file.
2.  I should collapse edit stack when exporting while at first i didn't do.

> > Look at www.mvps.org. Robert Dunlop wrote here an article how to
> correct a
> > bug in xsinexp.dle. This bug caused that no texture coordinates will
> be
> > exported at all. The sources of xskinexp are available, you can
> correct the
> > bug and recompile. If you export in text format, you can look at your
> > X-file, to check if the texture coordinates are there.

> Thanks for the credit, but you are thinking of Eric DeBrosse's work,
> which can be found on his site:

> http://www.mvps.org/vbdx/

> --
> Robert Dunlop
> The X-Zone
> http://www.directxzone.com/
> Microsoft DirectX MVP
> -------------
> The opinions expressed in this message are my own personal views and do
> not reflect the official views of the Microsoft Corporation.
> The MVP program does not constitute employment or contractual obligation
> with Microsoft.

1. xskinexp.dle exporting textures + animation as text file

Hi,
I've been using Microsofts plugin for MAX (xskinexp.dle)
to export character animation to load in the skinnedMesh
sample. I've been able to export
1) Models with textures and NO animation
2) Models with animation and NO textures

problem is- it won't export my model with textures +
animation! :(
The wierd thing is, it does work if I export as a binary
file?? I need to edit the texture file path, since it
exports the absolute location of the texture files.

DOes anyone know why it doesn't work with text files
and/or how I can edit the binary file so the texture file
path is local.

Cheers!

2. Feathergif plugin for PC???

3. Documentation about XSkinExp.dle and SkinnedMesh sample?

4. Unix FLI maker wanted

5. XSkinExp.dle

6. PIctureBox with only 256 colors. Is it possible ??

7. Patched XSkinExp.dle??

8. WWW Site for 3D Computer Graphics: 3DWeb

9. Multiple UVW Mapping Coordinates

10. UVW texture-mapping

11. Problems with exporting mapping coordinates to VRML

12. Bump maps, UVW map, Unwrap Questions

13. Exporting texture and vertex coordinates