question about cd3dfont (smooth the edges)

question about cd3dfont (smooth the edges)

Post by michael bouwe » Thu, 22 May 2003 22:09:41

hi there!

At first i want to excuse my bad english!!

Is it possible to smooth(antialiase) the edges of a font? (i dont want
to antialiase the full screen)

greetings
   Michael Bouwers

question about cd3dfont (smooth the edges)

Post by Laurent Testu » Fri, 23 May 2003 00:55:07

Quote:> Is it possible to smooth(antialiase) the edges of a font?

CD3DFont generates a texture programmatically, using the GDI to write each
char into a Windows bitmap.
Edit the provided source code to apply a smoothing convolution filter on
this bitmap.

--
Laurent TESTUD - http://jeux-directx.com/ ::: http://LaFaqMFC.com/

Post by Rich [Microsoft Direct3D MV » Fri, 23 May 2003 04:22:26

Quote:>> Is it possible to smooth(antialiase) the edges of a font?

>CD3DFont generates a texture programmatically, using the GDI to write each
>char into a Windows bitmap.
>Edit the provided source code to apply a smoothing convolution filter on
>this bitmap.

CD3DFont already smooths the font with GDI.  However, I think this
will only happen if you have the "smooth font edges" selected in the
display properties.

Post by michael bouwe » Fri, 23 May 2003 20:47:13

> >> Is it possible to smooth(antialiase) the edges of a font?

> >CD3DFont generates a texture programmatically, using the GDI to write each
> >char into a Windows bitmap.
> >Edit the provided source code to apply a smoothing convolution filter on
> >this bitmap.

> CD3DFont already smooths the font with GDI.  However, I think this
> will only happen if you have the "smooth font edges" selected in the
> display properties.

ok, will try it!

thanks

greeting Michael Bouwers

1. Newbie question- how to smooth edges of images

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to 'blend' the edges of an image like so:
http://www.nancysherman.com/images/elegant-va-home.jpg

I know this is probably something very simple but I'm a little
overwhelmed with all of Photoshop's many functions.

Thanks!

Justin

2. AMD Athlon Vs. PentiumIII

3. Polygon Edge Smooth Question

4. FS: Topas 5.1

5. CD3DFont question

6. Using ChartFX i Delphi 2

7. Question about smoothing meshes (!not smoothing groups)

8. Using a Morph Node to BonesPro control lipsync faces

9. Howto Edge smoothing ?

10. Smooth Edges

11. need help on creating cylinder with smoothed edges (pov3)

12. Smooth your ragged selection edges

13. Smoothing the edges of Selections...