DX9 Texture Tool FAILED!

Post by Pongsak Apilukkittapon » Wed, 15 Jan 2003 19:56:15

My computer is AthlonXP and use NVIDIA GeForce3 board with
Detonator 41.09 and setup DX9 SDK for C++.
But I have ploblem when run DirectX Texture Tool. It
message is "Unable to create Direct3D Device. Please make
sure your desktop color depth is 16 or 32 bits."

Please tell me why.

DX9 Texture Tool FAILED!

Post by Eyal Tele » Wed, 15 Jan 2003 21:09:10

> My computer is AthlonXP and use NVIDIA GeForce3 board with
> Detonator 41.09 and setup DX9 SDK for C++.
> But I have ploblem when run DirectX Texture Tool. It
> message is "Unable to create Direct3D Device. Please make
> sure your desktop color depth is 16 or 32 bits."

> Please tell me why.

Do other Direct3D programs run? Try running dxdiag.

        Eyal

DX9 Texture Tool FAILED!

Post by Balazs Vasvar » Wed, 15 Jan 2003 22:24:52

> > My computer is AthlonXP and use NVIDIA GeForce3 board with
> > Detonator 41.09 and setup DX9 SDK for C++.
> > But I have ploblem when run DirectX Texture Tool. It
> > message is "Unable to create Direct3D Device. Please make
> > sure your desktop color depth is 16 or 32 bits."

> > Please tell me why.

The cpp only sdk does NOT contain the dx9 runtime. Download
dx9devruntime from
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/downloads/list/dir...

Balazs Vasvari

DX9 Texture Tool FAILED!

Post by Marcel Zimme » Thu, 16 Jan 2003 22:33:17

I have the same problem. I installed DirectX9 and all tests with dxdiag
worked properly. Perhaps it's a bug with NVidia-cards? I have a GeForce 4
TI-4400.
There are no other D3D-Applications running and I tested it under several
screen-resolutions.

Marcel

DX9 Texture Tool FAILED!

Post by Michael CAMPBEL » Tue, 21 Jan 2003 12:39:51

Just to add works on my ti4200

Quote:> I have the same problem. I installed DirectX9 and all tests with dxdiag
> worked properly. Perhaps it's a bug with NVidia-cards? I have a GeForce 4
> TI-4400.
> There are no other D3D-Applications running and I tested it under several
> screen-resolutions.

> Marcel

1. Airbrush tool - undo fails... in PS5

Hey..

I have a question...
Sometimes when I use the airbrush tool, and I would like to undo it..  it
doesn't work !
Then you're stuck with that ugly airbrushstroke, that then have ruined your
whole image..

Man, I hate when it happens.

If you know this problem please tell me.

Thanks
/JOnas

2. How to make a "Hot Spot" in an image

3. Skin tool fails

4. Planar movement matrix?

5. DX9: How to update non-dynamic texture when format is not supported by CreateOffScreenPlainSurface

6. comp.graphics.rendering.raytracing FAQ (part 1/2)

7. Texture from multisampled surface in DX9

8. How to play WAV file with DirectSound

9. multisampled texture in DX9

10. How to setup multisampled texture target in DX9

11. multisampled dynamic texture in DX9

12. NO TEXTURES SHOWING UP IN DX9

13. textures not showing up in DX9