Using D3D in a DLL

Post by Marek Dzikiewic » Sun, 22 Jun 2003 16:49:08

Hi All,
I am going to use DirectX Graphics 9 in a DLL and I would
like to know, are there any diffrences in the way I write
my code?

Thanks,
Marek Dzikiewicz

Using D3D in a DLL

Post by Peter Rac » Tue, 24 Jun 2003 17:06:27

Quote:> Hi All,
> I am going to use DirectX Graphics 9 in a DLL and I would
> like to know, are there any diffrences in the way I write
> my code?

I wrote lots of code for DX8.1, but not for DX9, in DLLs with VC++ 6.0. It
is not really different to create a DLL with DX or without.

best regards
Peter

Using D3D in a DLL

Post by Marek Dzikiewic » Tue, 24 Jun 2003 21:01:22

Thanks.

> [...]

1. OpenGL program Crashes using new OpenGL32.dll file for Win98 but not old dll file

I wrote an OpenGL program and ran it under my newly installed Win98
system with their included OpenGL32.dll file (716 K file size) and it
crashed.  Horribly.  However, when I replaced it with an older
OpenGL32.dll file (545 K file size) it worked beautifully.  Can anyone
tell me why or how this is possible?  I hate to keep switching between
files (the OpenGL screen savers in 98 work only with the newer,
crashing dll file) so that I can do my work.

Eric

2. 3D texture support on a PC?

3. NT/95 Open GL DLL and D3D...

4. Laser Printer Recommendations Anyone?

5. Trouble recreating D3D rendering device in DLL

6. looking for experianced renderman (and/or VEX) shader writers...

7. Wanted: pre-compiled MESA DLL's for 3DFX (OPENGL32.DLL, GLU32.DLL, GLUT32.DLL)

8. Resizing API drawn graphics

9. Using MAX lights in D3D

10. Using D3D to set video modes - possible?

11. using windows GDI with fullscreen d3d

12. about making commercial product using d3d format !

13. activex control using D3D immediate mode .