Troubles with RayPick (Direct3D Retained Mode)

Troubles with RayPick (Direct3D Retained Mode)

Post by Jorg » Sat, 01 Dec 2001 00:23:02

Hi!

I have used RayPick method (IDirect3DRMFrame3 interface)
in order to calculate distances from a plane to a
dynamically generated land (very mountainously). This land
has acute edges, and when the RayPick method is directed
against one of these edges, it never find any object (the
LPD3DRMPICKED2ARRAY has zero size). Does anybody know what
is the matter? I think it is related with the normals in
the land faces.

Thanks and greetings.

1. Direct3D Retained Mode

Can anyone point me at any on-line resources which might help me to gently
transition from OpenGL to Direct3D retained mode? Failing that can anyone
recommend a good book?
First impressions are that there is a very strong (almost one to one)
correspondence. Would anyone care to point out the main differences?

Many thanks
Des

2. Cliping Algorithm, which is the best ?

3. Newbie Direct3D Retained Mode Question...

4. Second Announcement: EG Workshop on CG & Maths

5. 3DFX supported by Direct3D retained mode?

6. COMPUTER GRAPHICS REVIEW?

7. Direct3d Retained Mode Application

8. POSTSCRIPT, GIF -> MPEG ?

9. Direct3D retained mode (EInvalidOp)

10. errors with Direct3D Retained Mode

11. Drawing lines in Direct3D Retained Mode

12. Direct3D Retained mode docs...

13. what's the difference between immediate mode and retained mode