1. Kill, kill, kill the bones.....
I could just explode of anger !
Okay, okay, okay (Leo Getz voice ;) )
I have modelled this strange. two-legged amphibian creature, and
I am quite satisfied with it.
Of course, the fool I am wanted to BONE it.
Oh MY GOD, what a MISTAKE.
I rotated the legs a bit so that the muscles come out
better, the tips of the feet are facing SLIGHTLY inward.
Okay, okay, okay.
I put in the bones, add the two first goals for the feet...
and what happens ?
I move to frame one to make a test-motion, and as soon as
I move "Foot_Left_Goal", the footbone turns around, faces
the goal-object (!) and the whole thing looks like a DUCK
Now, I have read all the stuff in manuals 100 times.
I`ve read about the gimbal lock, I`ve read about the
helicopter rotor blades in the manual, and I have read the tip
that it would be better to model those blades in a special way
and rotate them in layout.
So far, so good.
But why the heck do the bones adapt the orientation of the feet,
when they should (as described in the manual)be a tool to deform
the object, not vice versa ???
Really NewTek, maybe I am not the brightest star in the skies, but I am
givin` a try to them bones every other week, and since several months, and still
don`t get 100% what I want.
The bones are sooooo complicated and so un-intuitive.
There`s so many work arounds You have to use to get what You need.
I really don`t like it :(
Emmanuel, Team *AMIGA* , Surfin` the LIGHTWAVE!
Producer of PHOENIX
Visit the PHOENIX Site under: http://www.xgw.fi/~slice/ftales/
Die deutsche Homepage: http://www.germany.net/teilnehmer/101,19879
Our publisher`s site : http://www.chiemgau.com/apc&tcp
"If You had seen with Your eyes what I have seen with Your eyes..."
2. question on pickedpoints
3. View matrix/ World matrix problem
4. Question On 'Rendering' Lines
5. light kills color (simple help)
6. Oooh, and I thought they could only do that at Pixar....
7. Will 3dsPRO kill Lightwave? NEWTEKS KILL
8. Keep Me Honest, I'm writing my own SUCCESS story...
9. Wanted: Algorithm to extract scale/rotation factors from matrix
10. Dumb 3D question about my Scale Matrix
11. Scaling an inertia matrix ?
12. How to get the sign of the scale in a 3D transform matrix
13. Extracting scale from a 2D matrix