What is the advantage of D3DCREATE_PUREDEVICE?

What is the advantage of D3DCREATE_PUREDEVICE?

Post by Bae, Hyun-ji » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 10:58:24

What is the advantage of D3DCREATE_PUREDEVICE? I heard that there is little
performance differences between D3DCREATE_PUREDEVICE and
non-D3DCREATE_PUREDEVICE, and some functions such as GetTransform() doesn't
work.

BHJ

What is the advantage of D3DCREATE_PUREDEVICE?

Post by lithic » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 21:57:38

______

Quote:> What is the advantage of D3DCREATE_PUREDEVICE? I heard that there is
little
> performance differences between D3DCREATE_PUREDEVICE and
> non-D3DCREATE_PUREDEVICE, and some functions such as GetTransform()
doesn't
> work.

> BHJ

Its a little bit faster, and there's nothing wrong with that.  By using it
you lose the Get commands in state blocks and some emulation, have a look
in the MS documentation.  I imagine it is mostly used as a final tweak
after you have finished debugging your code.

I have seen a 1-2% increase in performance by using it.