saving a texture

Post by Lem Hong Jia » Mon, 30 Jun 2003 11:21:01

How do I save a texture or surface as an image file?  Is there any
utility function, or do I have to do it manually? I'm using Directx 8.
Thanks in advance.

Lem

saving a texture

Post by Robert Dunlop [MS MVP » Mon, 30 Jun 2003 15:13:19

DirectX 8.1 provides helper functions in the D3DX library for this,
D3DXSaveTextureToFile and D3DXSaveSurfaceToFile.  However, I do not
remember off hand if these were present in 8.0 or introduced in 8.1....

--
Robert Dunlop
The X-Zone

Quote:> How do I save a texture or surface as an image file?  Is there any
> utility function, or do I have to do it manually? I'm using Directx 8.
> Thanks in advance.

> Lem

1. How to save as Texture

I've been experimenting with scanning toilet tissue, then changing the
colour or adding a colour layer. Scanned in both colour and grayscale But
I've had to increase the contrast to get the texture. The questions .I can
save as a pattern but how do I save as A texture. 2 how can I increase the
contrast and still keep the whiteness

--
Trev

--
Trev

2. GifBuilder

3. Save broken, textures, lots of details lost -- what's going on?!

4. Need a good icon editor

5. how to save textures in Lightwave 4.0

6. software recommendation please

7. kpt, can't save settings in the texture explorer

8. how do i save a .x file with textures

9. Save textures as files

10. saving textures

11. saving texture info in a .iv file