Dear friend, stop spam please.

Post by Giovanni Zit » Fri, 09 Nov 2001 16:27:49

Dear friend,

this is a programming newgroup, not a * forum. Don't you understand?

We are bored about "Want to watch me live?".

Please stop spam.

Thank you.

-G.Z.-

Dear friend, stop spam please.

Post by Fabian Schmie » Fri, 09 Nov 2001 19:25:18

Quote:> Dear friend,

> this is a programming newgroup, not a * forum. Don't you understand?

> We are bored about "Want to watch me live?".

> Please stop spam.

Maybe there would be a possibility to block messages containing
http://www.veryComputer.com/* directly on the newsserver?

Fabian Schmied

Dear friend, stop spam please.

Post by Peter Rac » Sat, 10 Nov 2001 01:41:37

I am afraid, people making spams, do not read the news in the newsgoup. They
use automatic software which places the spams in many newsgroups. Maybe MS
could take some steps to avoid such things?

Peter

Quote:> Dear friend,

> this is a programming newgroup, not a * forum. Don't you understand?

> We are bored about "Want to watch me live?".

> Please stop spam.

> Thank you.

> -G.Z.-

Dear friend, stop spam please.

Post by Philip Taylor [MS » Sat, 10 Nov 2001 07:10:38

we are trying to delete these as fast as possible.

many of them are marked "Message is no longer available on the server" on
the MS server, the cancels have to propagate out to the rest of usenet.

the ones that werent marked as such, I just sent cancel requests.

<sigh>, this does take time from answering questions.
--
Phil Taylor
PM : DirectX SDK, Managed DirectX, WindowsXP Inbox 3D Screensavers, and a

> I am afraid, people making spams, do not read the news in the newsgoup.
They
> use automatic software which places the spams in many newsgroups. Maybe MS
> could take some steps to avoid such things?

> Peter

> > Dear friend,

> > this is a programming newgroup, not a * forum. Don't you understand?

> > We are bored about "Want to watch me live?".

> > Please stop spam.

> > Thank you.

> > -G.Z.-

1. How to stop SPAM

The best way to stop SPAM, that I have found, is to give them their
own medicine.

Each time I get a SPAM message I expand the headers and get the server
that sent the message.  Never mind about the information in front of

"atopmall.com" portion of the e-mail address is what you are
interested in.

Now start your browser and point it to whois at the InterNIC. (The
people that control all top level domains).  The address is
http://rs.internic.net/cgi-bin/whois

In the box on the form type the name of the server.  In this example
"atopmall.com".

You will be given the e-mail address of the Technical Contact,
Administrative Contact, and Billing Contact for that server.  Make a
note of the Administrative Contact's e-mail address.

Armed with this information I set up a filter in my Eudora Pro (You
will need an e-mail client that can filter messages).
        1. I look for "atopmall.com" in the "From:" header of all
incoming messages.
        2. When I find one I forward it to the Administrative Contact

don't receive their e-mail at their own server.
        3. Then I send the message to the trash bin.

Results of this procedure are:
        1. I never see the SPAM in my mail box.
        2. They get a copy of each SPAM mail they send me.
        3. After a while they get the message.

They may change their e-mail address after a time and not notify the
InterNIC.  If this happens start sending to the Billing Contact.  The
Technical Contact is you last resort as this is the person that is
running the server and is normally the lowest on the totem pole.

Remember:
        If they send you SPAM feed them SPAM.

Tom Clark
Internet-Aid
http://www.internet-aid.com
Phone: 904-894-3028

Fax: 904-668-3307

2. HELP!!! MANUALS !!! HE HE NEED TUTORIALS HE HE!

3. This newsgroup

4. Please please please stop!

5. Lightwave to Quake 3 ??

6. *SPAMER* *SPAMER* *SPAMER* STOP SPAM NOW!

7. Wanted: Illustrators

8. FREE VACATIONS|Stop the Spam >/dev/null