Is VC the only choice to DX programming?

Is VC the only choice to DX programming?

Post by CC[FaNtAsY » Sun, 12 Jan 2003 01:07:42

Hi all, could anyone tell me that
do I HAVE TO use VC for directX supported game programming?
any cheaper substitution I could made?
tia

Is VC the only choice to DX programming?

Post by Gaz » Sun, 12 Jan 2003 19:18:56

If you understand VC like Visual C++, it isnt the only.

You can make DX applications with VBasic Delphi and BorlandC++, try google

Is VC the only choice to DX programming?

Post by John Chewte » Sun, 12 Jan 2003 20:25:38

and  c#, vb, vb.net  java and java.net (not sun's) probably a few more

Quote:> If you understand VC like Visual C++, it isnt the only.

> You can make DX applications with VBasic Delphi and BorlandC++, try google

Is VC the only choice to DX programming?

Post by John Chewte » Sun, 12 Jan 2003 20:26:23

c# from sharpdev is free by the way and seems to work great :)

Quote:> Hi all, could anyone tell me that