RenderFieryText() not display in DX8.1 example

RenderFieryText() not display in DX8.1 example

Post by George Varg » Thu, 21 Feb 2002 20:41:19

RenderFieryText() not display in DX8.1 example. What's wrong?

Thanks: George Varga

RenderFieryText() not display in DX8.1 example

Post by Rich - Microsoft Direct3D M » Fri, 22 Feb 2002 01:23:45

Quote:>RenderFieryText() not display in DX8.1 example. What's wrong?

What example/sample is that?
  Direct3D Book http://www.xmission.com/~legalize/book/
    Don't Support Spammers!  Boycott Fractal Painter 7!
     http://www.xmission.com/~legalize/spammers.html

RenderFieryText() not display in DX8.1 example

Post by Laurent T » Fri, 22 Feb 2002 17:58:40

Quote:> What example/sample is that?

Donuts.

A " very cool" demo, but, no sound on my machine and at level transitions
( RenderFieryText() ) screen is black. I also noticed color keying render
states. This one was working nicely with the SDK 8.0.b.
--
Laurent TESTUD - http://www.lafaqmfc.com/

Post by Rich - Microsoft Direct3D M » Sat, 23 Feb 2002 04:38:57

Quote:>> What example/sample is that?

>Donuts.
>A " very cool" demo, but, no sound on my machine and at level transitions
>( RenderFieryText() ) screen is black. I also noticed color keying render
>states. This one was working nicely with the SDK 8.0.b.

Hmm.  I don't get any music or "fiery text" between levels either.
However, I'm not sure whatyou mean by "color keying render states" as
there are no color keying render states.  Perhaps you're referring to
D3DUtil_SetColorKey, which takes a texture and sets the pixels containing
the "color key" color to transparent using the alpha channel.

Post by Robert Dunlop [MS MVP » Tue, 16 Apr 2002 18:52:59

Quote:> > >RenderFieryText() not display in DX8.1 example. What's wrong?

> > What example/sample is that?

> Donuts.

There is an error in that function that causes the text to be bellow the
bottom of the screen.  Change the statement

    float y=1.8f;

    float y=-0.2f;

--
Robert Dunlop